Senior Full Stack Developer
DevelopmentFull TimeVancouver , BC
Who We Are:
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared in one of our two warehouses in East Vancouver and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018 and 2019, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit and we recently became BCorp Certified!
We value Team Members who see themselves as part of our vision and mission, so check out our story to learn more.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Help us create scalable, maintainable code to facilitate the shipping of our click and cook solutions. We want to grow faster, deliver quicker, and adapt to new shifts in the market.
We are a small developer team looking for open and collaborative people who have the skills to help us deliver value to all of our internal and customer facing programs. We are responsible for all aspects for the entire digital experience including sign up, food production, fulfillment and support.
Successful candidates will also participate in planning, and engage in discussion of product roadmaps, new features and fixes. Developers are responsible for performing peer code reviews, participate in team retrospectives, and diagnosing, testing and reproducing bugs issues.
What We Are Looking For:
- Object oriented programming - Ruby on Rails
- Using relational databases - Postgres
- Confident with the Unix shell
- Comfortable writing tests - RSpec
- Over 3 years of experience building full stack applications
- Growing a technology stack
- Any of the following
- Cloud hosting providers: Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure
- Database administration
- DevOps concepts like Continuous Integration and Configuration management
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning systems
- Progressive Web applications
- Container orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker
- Test automation with Selenium
- Experience working with Agile environment
- Scaling a technical team and organization
What You Can Expect
- A positive workplace filled with fantastic colleagues.
- Competitive pay and bonuses.
- Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week.
If this sounds like your next challenge, please reach out. We will contact you to arrange an interview after reviewing your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.