Food Packaging Machine Operator
ProductionFull TimeVancouver , BC
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit.
Who You Are
- Night Owl. You are available to work 10-hours shifts from 1pm - 11pm.
- Phenomenal Teammate. You work well with others and enjoy contributing to a fantastic team.
- Ultra Reliable. Since we work in teams, we need team members who are engaged and seeking to contribute in a positive manner. Are you willing to show up on time and work hard?
- Responsible. You have the ability to work independently as needed. Can you be trusted to act without needing strict supervision?
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take initiative to make continual process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable to your deliverables.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will be responsible for setting up and programming machines for the proper size, weight, codes, and dates for each bag/container produced.
- You will be responsible for general machine operation and changeovers
- You will be responsible for the completion of all paperwork including, but not limited to PCP, system productivity, and downtime recording
- You will be responsible to perform the following product quality checks: specification check, packaging check, produce quality check, seal integrity check, and code date check.
- You will verify set up of the machine(s); verify that the machine has been properly put back together by sanitation crew.
- You will ensure that the products are safe and meet the customer specifications.
- You will communicate quality issues of the raw product or finished goods to the appropriate personnel.
- You will follow and complete the daily production schedule, including changes that may occur during the course of the day.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We Are Looking For
- 1+ years of experience in bagger/automation operation experience.
- Able to operate measuring instruments, such as weight scale and thermometer.
- Able to work in a high-paced warehouse environment with strict deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a temperature controlled environment. The warehouse is kept at between 0 to 10 degrees Celsius.
- Able to stand on your feet for 8-10 hour shifts.
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- Ablility to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach above and below shoulders; repetitive use of hands.
What You Can Expect
- Competitive pay, starting at $16/hour. We conduct compensation reviews after 90 and 365 days.
- Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of full-time employment.
- Free food! Full-time employees will receive a Fresh Prep meal plan after 90 days of employment.
- Consistent weekly scheduling with paid breaks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.