Quality Assurance Manager
ProductionFull TimeVancouver , BC
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018 and 2019, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit.
We value Team Members who see themselves as part of our vision and mission, so check outour storyto learn more.
Who You Are
- Collaborative Team Player. You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong communicator. Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Adaptable. You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
- Open. You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will implement, maintain and update documents as required by the CFIA.
- You possess the necessary knowledge of Safety Food for Canadian Regulations and Food Safety Modernization Act to develop, implement and maintain the preventive control plans.
- You will manage and participate in all internal/external food safety audits.
- You will work in coordination with suppliers, customers, and government agencies to establish the best supply food chain.
- You will handle customers’ requests or complaints appropriately, and provide strive to provide feedback and corrective actions in a timely manner.
- You will train staff and plant employees (including temporary employees) in food safety, quality assurance, and GMPs.
- You will work with Culinary, Production and QA departments to establish new product development and quality requirements.
- You will conduct shelf-life studies and quality taste panels. You will also coordinate required micro and chemical tests.
- You will monitor, maintain and improve product safety, legal requirements, regulatory compliance, quality systems, cost, and work safety.
- In coordination with the Sanitation Manager, you will manage and update sanitation and pest control programs.
- You will provide training and support to Receiving team when monitoring incoming shipments.
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a QA Manager experience in a food processing and packaging environment.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a sanitation supervisor in a food processing and packaging environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership qualities, and strong analytical skills
What You Can Expect
- A positive workplace filled with fantastic colleagues.
- Competitive pay and bonuses.
- Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.