ProductionFull TimeVancouver , BC
Who We Are:
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018 and 2019, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit.
Who You Are:
- Collaborative Leader. You’re experienced in fostering a collaborative team environment that empowers Lead Hands and Hourly Staff to successfully complete tasks, while meeting both KPI and GMP criteria.
- Automation Experience . You are highly skilled at achieving world class Operational Equipment Effectiveness scores. You can clearly define what the priorities are, have the team thoroughly understand why and execute accordingly. Your communication is always conveyed with a positive and motivational tone.
- Mentor. You have proven experience in bringing the knowledge, skill set and performance of key staff to the next level. You can break down and explain complex tasks and/or goals so that they can be easily understood and completed by others.
- Adaptable. You thrive in an ever-changing environment. Through a calm demeanor, you’re able to pivot direction quickly and effectively.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You will be responsible for a production team.
- As a People Leader, you will ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and performance expectations are well understood and adhered to. You will mentor Lead Hands through clear instruction, guidance and support. You will ensure effective training programs are in place.
- You will be responsible for overseeing adherence and execution of the production plan, which will include adjusting labour schedules, ensuring material flow is synchronized, and that operating lines are optimized.
- You will be responsible for other operational aspects including ensuring that food safety and GMP’s are consistently being adhered to, that company SOP’s and policies are followed, and regulatory requirements are being met.
- You will conduct incident investigations and facilitate corrective actions. You will also be responsible for confirming corrective actions are effective, followed through and are sustained.
- You are passionate about general cleanliness, and organization of the production facility.
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing productivity, efficiency, and process improvement in a manufacturing setting. Food manufacturing preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing multiple departments.
- Minimum 3 years experience including hiring staff, promoting key players, grooming direct reports and employee performance management.
- Automated processing, production and/or packaging line experience preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience preferred.
What You Can Expect:
- A positive workplace filled with fantastic colleagues.
- Competitive pay and bonuses.
- Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.