Production Team Member - Gatekeeper
ProductionFull TimeVancouver , BC
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared in one of our two warehouses in East Vancouver and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018 and 2019, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit and we recently became BCorp Certified!
We value Team Members who see themselves as part of our vision and mission, so check out our story to learn more.
Who You Are
You are looking for a career, not just a job. You take pride in putting in a hard day's work and value being rewarded for it. You are a leader that understands the ebbs and flows of business; therefore, you are willing to work hard when needed and can always find a job to do. You value an organization that is doing good by its people, the planet, and building prosperity. If this sounds like you so far, below are some of the other characteristics of our current Team Members:
- Phenomenal Teammate. You work well with others, are able to lead a team, and enjoy contributing to a bigger picture. Do others enjoy working with you?
- Multi-tasker. You are able to navigate many moving pieces and rarely drop the ball. Are you able to take things on quickly and accurately?
- Ultra Reliable. Since we work in teams, we need team members who are engaged and seeking to contribute in a positive manner. Are you willing to show up on time and work hard?
- Responsible. You’re a self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed. Can you be trusted to act without needing strict supervision?
- Ready to Grow. Fresh Prep is a rapidly growing company and there are many opportunities for advancement. Are you looking to learn and grow with us?
What You'll Be Doing
While we are currently in “growth mode”, things are becoming more and more streamlined. Our Gatekeeper needs to be able to greet our drivers with a positive attitude, manage the waves of busy-ness, and jump in to support the team as needed. Additionally,
- You will keep an accurate inventory of incoming delivery bags
- You will receive, inspect, count, sort, and clean delivery bag upon arrival
- You will quickly evaluate the cleanliness of each bag and funnel it to the appropriate cleaning station
- You will support the cleaning of soiled bags during downtime
- You will assist in maintaining a clean, food-safe production facility.
What We Are Looking For
- Previous experience in food manufacturing, warehouse, or high-paced environment preferred.
- Able to work in a high-paced warehouse environment with strict deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a temperature controlled environment. The warehouse is kept at between 0 to 10 degrees Celsius.
- Able to stand on your feet for 8 hour shifts (Sunday - Thursday, 2 pm to 10 pm)
- Ability to lift objects up to 30 lbs (13 kgs).
What You Can Expect
- Competitive pay, starting at $16/hour
- Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of full-time employment.
- Free food! Full-time employees will receive a Fresh Prep meal plan after 90 days of employment.
- Consistent weekly scheduling with paid breaks.
- Career growth opportunities.
- In house training for health and safety.
To join our Team here at Fresh Prep, click this link to access our Career’s Page. Good luck!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.