Packaging Line Support Team Member
ProductionFull TimeVancouver , BC
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018 and 2019, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit.
Who You Are
The Packaging Support plays a key role in ensuring that our production lines run smoothly. Your days will move quick and your tasks will be varied - your team will rely on you to keep them well stocked and organized.
- Phenomenal Teammate. You work well with others and enjoy contributing to a fantastic team.
- Ultra Reliable. Since we work in teams, we need team members who are engaged and seeking to contribute in a positive manner. You will be the main support person - so punctual attendance is essential.
- Responsible. You’re a self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed. Can you be trusted to act without needing strict supervision? Able to work in a high-paced warehouse environment with strict deadlines.
- Attention to Detail. A successful candidate will catch small mistakes and be able to multitask (in a fast-paced environment). Do you take pride in being the best? If so, come support the team in doing great work!
What You'll Be Doing
- You will monitor the packaging lines with the aim of maintaining consistent operational flow.
- You will maintain an organized production area by keeping like-items together (bins, trays, crates) and storing them on labelled pallets.
- You will empty and remove bins and trays from the line.
- You will assist with changing-over the lines to new recipes according to the production schedule.
- You will assist in maintaining a clean, food-safe production facility.
- You will dispose of cardboard, garbage, and plastic waste.
- You will keep the produce cooler organized, while maintaining FIFO practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Are Looking For
- 1+ years of experience in food prep, restaurant, warehouse, or busy retail environment preferred.
- Able to work a set schedule of Saturday/Sunday 8a - 6p and Monday/Tuesday 7a - 5p.
- Comfortable working in a temperature controlled environment. The warehouse is kept at between 0 to 10 degrees Celsius.
- Ability to stand on your feet for 10 hour shifts.
- Ability to lift objects up to 30 lbs (13 kgs).
What You Can Expect
- Competitive pay, starting at $16 / hour.
- Consistent weekly scheduling with paid breaks.
- Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week after probation period.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.