DeliveriesFull TimeVancouver , BC
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018 and 2019, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit.
Who You Are
The Shipping Coordinator is a crucial part of our delivery supply chain - the role connects our Production team with our fleet of Delivery Drivers to ensure that customer orders are delivered on-time. The Shipping Coordinator will operate in a fast-paced environment, so multitasking, organizational, and communication skills are key to a successful candidate.
- Problem Solver. You enjoy the bumpy road and always look for the silver lining. You aren’t easily deterred and can always seem to pull a solution together.
- Master Multitasker. You work better with many wheels in motion and can easily keep your eyes on many targets at the same time.
- Excellent communicator. You know just the right way to deliver information, both verbally and written.
- Phenomenal Teammate. You work well with others and enjoy contributing to a fantastic team. Do others enjoy working with you?
- Ultra Reliable. Since we work in teams, we need team members who are engaged and seeking to contribute in a positive manner.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will assist the Shipping Manager where needed (driver bag organization, driver sheet manifests completion).
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the product is being shipped correctly.
- You will increase efficiency of driver loading by minimizing time to load.
- You will ensure driver loading schedule is being adhered to and updates are sent out if there are delays.
- You will ensure daily operating routine is efficient and quality checks are being adhered to.
- You will oversee and enforce protocols for driver returns (i.e. dirty cooler bags are returned to the correct boxes, any failed deliveries returned to the marked area in cooler, etc).
- You will print delivery tags.
- You will assist the Dispatch team with coordination of the fleet and driver logistics.
- You will keep the driver loading area tidy and organized.
- You will communicate any issues that arise to Facility Manager and Sanitation teams.
- Other duties as requested
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum of 1 year of previous experience working as a dispatcher, logistics coordinator or transportation customer service role is a definite asset.
- High School diploma, college or university degree.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and ability to prioritize tasks as per importance.
- Tech savvy with good command of Google Suite and Slack with an ability to quickly learn new dispatch software.
- Drivers License and strong geographic knowledge is an asset.
What You Can Expect
- Friendly team and lots of learning opportunities!
- Competitive pay.
- Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of full-time employment.
- Free food! Full-time employees will receive a Fresh Prep meal plan after 90 days of employment.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation per year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.