MarketingFull TimeVancouver , BC
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018 and 2019, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit.
Who You Are
We’re looking for a creative visual designer with exceptional skills in both graphic design, and also in creating smart and enjoyable, user interfaces. The successful candidate will be a collaborative team player that can diplomatically and effectively work between multiple teams supporting a fast-moving business. The visual designer will report to our Art Director, and be a part of our growing brand team.
- Collaborative Team Player. You can diplomatically and effectively work between multiple parts of a fast-moving business to gather and evaluate user requirements.
- Design Focused. You display a sharp, analytical, and thoughtful mindset towards all design projects.
- Strong communicator. Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Adaptable. You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
- Open. You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will assist the Art Director with developing the aesthetics, feel, and imagery that defines the Fresh Prep brand.
- You will design a variety of marketing collateral in varying formats and sizes, including flyers, banners, posters, display ads, infographics, and other pieces.
- You will develop user-friendly yet visually stunning email templates, landing pages, and other digital experiences.
- Working cross-departmentally, you will design various projects depending on need, including new packaging, equipment and product branding, and signage.
- You will storyboard and illustrate process flows, ideas and sitemaps.
- You will assist with the development of UI/UX wireframes, mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look.
- You will translate complex and sometimes ambiguous specifications into simple, user-friendly designs.
- You will adhere and assist in the development of brand standards.
- You will assist in keeping assets organized.
What We Are Looking For
- 3+ years work experience in a similar role.
- A portfolio of relevant design projects.
- Extensive experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Knowledge of on-screen and pre-press art production for a variety of formats.
- Experience with front-end web development would be an asset, but not required.
- Experience with videography and photography would be an asset, but not required.
What You Can Expect
- A positive workplace filled with fantastic colleagues.
- Competitive pay and bonuses.
- Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.