Team Supervisor - Production Cooler
ProductionFull TimeVancouver, BC
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit.
Who You Are
- Phenomenal People Person. You love leading and motivating a team. Do you inspire and develop people to do their best work?
- Excellent communicator. You know just the right way to deliver information, both verbally and written. Do you know how to rally your team with just a few words?
- Ultra Reliable. Since we work in teams, we need a team leader who will walk the walk, by being engaged and seeking to contribute in a positive manner. Are you willing to lead by example?
- Accountable. You’re a self-starter with the ability to set your team for success. You ask for clarification if needed, but are willing to get your hands dirty first. Do you always seek out the next opportunity to improve?
What You'll Be Doing
- This is a supervisory role within our Order Picking department. You will be working alongside direct reports in a refrigerated environment.
- You will communicate updates, projects and procedure changes to all direct reports on a regular basis.
- You will supervise, schedule and assign tasks to direct reports in order to maximize efficiencies.
- You will coordinator labour coverage and manage attendance as needed.
- You will maintain health and safety standards within area of responsibility to provide a positive, safe culture within the facility.
- You will follow and enforce all occupational, food safety guidelines and GMP.
- You will use interpersonal and communication skills to motivate direct reports.
- You will drive the execution of policies and implement corrective measures if necessary to ensure productivity targets are met.
- Be the first line of quality control for food & packaging products coming into the prep room.
- You will partner with Quality Assurance and food safety, correcting errors immediately and in a positive manner.
- You will collaborate with HR in the hiring and termination of personnel.
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory leadership experience in a food production or manufacturing environment
- Must be available to work Saturday - Tuesday, 10am - 8pm.
- Experience in food handling, procurement and vendor management
- Must be willing to work in a refrigerated environment, 0-10 degrees Celsius.
What You Can Expect
- Competitive pay.
- Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of full-time employment.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Free food! Full-time employees will receive a Fresh Prep meal plan after 90 days of employment.
- Working with a team committed to your success through promotion opportunities, Learning and Development Programs, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.