Are you an organized, detail-oriented, judicious individual with high digital literacy and excellent project management skills?
Free is seeking an Executive Assistant (EA) in Toronto, responsible for supporting the Executive Director (ED) and managing administrative functions at Free. Must be able to handle confidential and sensitive materials, as well as those that require analyzing before composing detailed responses. The right candidate can act proactively and without much supervision, anticipating needs and following through. Neither tight nor long-term deadlines can shake the right candidate because they have two middle names: Organization and Prioritization.
Executive Assistance (50%)
- Email & phone correspondence on ED behalf
- Gatekeeper to ED calendar, balancing demands of in-person and email booking requests
- Booking travel flights, hotels, car rentals, dinners, etc.
- Meeting preparation, providing info, docs, context
- Taking effective, concise, actionable meeting notes, assigning action items as necessary
- Prime contact with Free team, especially during ED travel
- Identifies systems and protocols to catalogue preferences, minimize communication, maximize efficiency
- Leading special projects as required
- Making PowerPoint edits, adjustments
- Lead contact with our Accounting vendor, LIVECA
- Ensures departments’ timely/accurate management of quarterly/annual departmental budgets
- Manages Accounts Payable, including processing invoices, making payments via digital tool
- Manages Accounts Receivable including invoicing, following up with aged receivables
- Makes adjustments to Payroll
- Handles pertinent mail inboxes
Team Support (25%)
- Manage general Free inbox delegating emails to team members
- Prime contact for landlord, neighbours, general vendors
- Leads communication with the studio services/suppliers (telephone, hydro, etc.)
- Leads general studio upkeep (cleaning schedule, garbage pickup, etc)
- Manages employee platform (Collage) and on-boarding, reconciles vacations/sick days, etc.
- Books team outings, social events, lunches, etc.
- Orders office supplies
Need to Haves
- Applied Degree, 3 year undergraduate degree, 3 years university in Business Administration or Office Administration, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Interest & knowledge of creator culture definitely an asset
- Knowledge of accounting
- Project management experience
- Google Suite
- Adobe Suite
- Asana (Strongly Preferred)
- Xero (Preferred)
- Collage (Preferred)
Free is a content studio and cultural incubator dedicated to the advancement of visual storytelling and creative entrepreneurship. Free's expertise in community building, original storytelling, and progressive distribution enable leading companies to transform the way they relate and create with consumers. Free’s media platform, The Creator Class, is a collaborative dispatch on creator culture reaching millions globally, with recognition from Booooooom, Creativity, Fast Company, Highsnobiety, Hypebeast, It’s Nice That, Nowness and Vimeo.
Find Us Online