Trade Show Coordinator
MunicipalFull TimeOttawa, ON
Who We Are:
Food Cycle Science (FCS) Corporation designs, sells and distributes food waste management solutions that aim to tackle the ever-growing problem of food waste. We are revolutionizing food waste management by offering unique products and innovative solutions that create sustainable practices and convert everyday food scraps into nutrient-rich, garden-ready fertilizer for households, businesses and municipalities alike. We promote an environmentally sustainable life cycle, reducing landfill GHG emissions and reducing the exorbitant cost of food waste management.
We are in a new and emerging sector that is fast paced and evolving each day. Food Cycle Science is an industry pioneer and thought leader when it comes to food waste management with products and solutions offered in over 30 countries globally. You can work with our great team members and help change the way the world thinks about food waste.
As a small, diverse and agile team, we’re a young and passionate entrepreneurial company that has only just begun to make our mark. We are looking for a Trade Show Coordinator to handle our trade show activities and assist with various other related initiatives. In this role, you will be tasked with everything that goes into running a successful trade show. This includes working with internal stakeholders to identify and prioritize which shows to attend, planning and booking the events, and attending some tradeshows. Understanding that there won’t be trade shows all the time, you’ll also work on a variety of internal projects with our business development teams.
We are looking for somebody with excellent organization and relationship-building skills who can help us position our products for success at these events.
Please visit www.foodcycler.com for more information on our product offerings and we humbly yet proudly offer you to hear more about us through our latest awards:
- Deloitte Fast 50 Canada = #8 Clean Technology
- Deloitte Fast 500 North America = #195
- Globe and Mail’s Top Growing Companies in Canada = #81
- Semi-finalist status from the Impact Canada food waste reduction challenge (project reducing food waste in northern, rural, remote, and indigenous communities) = award of $100,000
- Top 10 Ottawa’s Fastest Growing Companies (#6)
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the Director of Strategy, you will take a lead role on all aspects of managing our trade show strategy. You have a continuous learning mindset and will learn about the technical aspects of our programs and sustainability business development. You will interact and coordinate with multiple contacts from events worldwide (mostly US and Canada). You will coordinate all our trade shows and attend as many as feasibly possible to support the participant/booth experience.
- Conduct research to identify relevant trade shows and maintain a database of upcoming events
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to prioritize which trade shows to attend, define the requirements, and maintain our corporate trade show calendar
- Build relationships with external stakeholders to ensure success at trade show events, including planning speaking events, prizes, and booth location
- Coordinate with our finance assistant to book travel and accommodations for trade show attendees, including logistics, administration and bookings
- Ensure booth, products, and marketing collateral is shipped on time to trade shows and prepare packaging/deliveries to/from the events.
- Coordinating the logistical requirements such as security, equipment rentals, and catering services with the respective trade show officials
- For the trade shows you are attending and participating in, ensure the event operates smoothly and act as the subject matter expert on all things FoodCycler.
- Ensuring that all health and safety standards are adhered to during the event.
- Track trade show expenses to measure ROI on trade show investment
- Document feedback from trade shows to continuously improve the trade show experience for both booth participants/potential clients, and internal staff
- Coordinate follow-ups with relevant internal stakeholders
- Understanding there may be periods with less trade shows, there will be the opportunity to work on other related projects with the team. This may include support to follow-up on lead generations and other market opportunities.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for an engaging trade show coordinator to set up and manage our ever growing portfolio of trade shows. As a successful candidate, you are known for your excellent organizational and communication skills coupled with the ability to manage change, conflict, multiple concurrent projects, and problem solve in the moment.
You likely have:
- Post-secondary education (Diploma) in meeting and event planning
- Some early career hands-on experience (e.g. six months to 5 years experience) working with trade shows, events or other operational roles. In the absence of post-secondary education, equivalent experience will be considered as well.
- A passion for sustainability and clean technology
- Excellent organization and time management skills, which promote your ability to multitask efficiently.
- Ability to manage and juggle multiple priorities with different levels of urgency
- Proven problem-solving ability and able to predict issues that may need resolution/follow-up actions and the judgment/courage/business acumen to try new things without worrying about failing
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and a collaborative mindset
- A proven ability to build lasting relationships with stakeholders based on your open and transparent way of dealing with issues.
- The ability to manage change and communicate and coordinate between multiple stakeholders.
- Strong technology proficiency with Office 365 (e.g. Word/PowerPoint/Excel, Virtual meeting event software such as Teams/Zoom and CRM Tools (e.g. HubSpot)
- Willingness to work longer hours during Trade Shows as needed
You will definitely need:
- A current valid passport to allow travel within North America
- A current valid drivers license
- Flexibility to travel to attend some trade shows
We Would Consider it an Asset if you:
- Have experience working in events, trade shows, or similar experiences
- Have a passion/interest in Engineering, Science, or Environmental studies
- Are bilingual in both French and English, specifically conversational French
- Have experience working in a fast-paced environment where priorities are constantly shifting, and events may be re-prioritized or added to the line-up.
What Success Looks Like:
- You have proactively found the best trade shows to attend, and their attendance has resulted in significant new business opportunities
- Your attention to detail and continuous improvement mindset has ensured that all trade shows have run smoothly with everything delivered on time and issues mitigated
- You have led lessons learned exercises after each trade show and prioritized/implemented/tested new ideas to improve the experience
- You can support other projects when not working on trade shows
What We Have to Offer You:
- Central Ottawa office (Westboro) location, a hybrid work environment with a mix of in-office and at-home work
- A FoodCycler unit for your own kitchen
- Competitive base salary, incentive, and options
- Competitive benefits package
- Group RRSP Plan
- Flexible vacation
- December holiday shutdown
- Regular Town Hall meetings with our Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Regular social and team-building get-togethers for all team members
- Travel opportunities to attend trade shows
Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter – we want to hear your story, background, accomplishments, and why this Trade Show Coordinator role is a good fit for you.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to our online portal by June 20th. We know that fit for a role goes both ways, so feel free to email us in advance of applying, and we can set up a time for a call. All applications will be acknowledged, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Compensation will be market competitive and will be dependent on your qualifications and experience. This posting will remain active on our website until our search process is complete. We anticipate the first round of interviews to be scheduled for the last week in June.
The Food Cycle Science Corporation is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please get in touch with us in confidence at HR@Foodcycler.com and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation(s) will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.