ManagementFull TimeRemote, AB
We are a remote team (Calgary, Seattle, Kelowna, Atlanta, New York, London), and we are looking for a highly motivated, intelligent and fun project manger to join our team!
Folly Enterprises are the people behind Wine Folly (winefolly.com) and Global Wine Database (gwdb.io) brands. We’re focused on producing compelling user experiences and products that have a significant impact on the wine industry.
Wine Folly connects people to wine. Through online discovery, people connect with the stories and people who are making great wines. The site offers educational products, engaging content, and a web portal to a progressive, knowledge-driven wine culture.
Global Wine Database is a platform for wine data. Specifically, accurate wine information sourced directly from wine producers globally. Accurate information helps the industry at every level from farm to table.
We are looking for a skilled and passionate project manager to join the Folly team!
This is an intermediate to senior role and we’re hoping to see at least a few years of real working experience. The successful applicant will be expected to work a 40-hour week (typically 9 am to 5 pm, or similar). Ideally the applicant would enjoy wine, have a desire to learn about the world of wine (consumer & business) and loves building web-based products for a variety of consumers.
- Manage our projects (yeah, shocking, but we gotta say it)
- Be a leader that can help keep us organized
- Run sprints, and regular touchpoint meetings to keep moving forward
- Make sure everyone is tasked but not overtasked
- Interact with external stateholders to help manage expecations
- Interface with management to help strategize human resource requirements
- Experience with Project Management systems and Tools (we use Notion)
- Organized like a libarian
- Digitally fluent
- Excellent communicator that is fluent in English (other lanaguage are a bonus)
- A passion for working with remote teams
- Knowledge of Notion (www.notion.so)
- Account Management experience
- Worked with web technologies and methodologies
- Highly motivated individual and capable of working independently with strong time management and goal setting skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Able to process large volumes of information and distill them into key insights
- Want to be part of a team and help make truly great things happen.
Trust: We trust our peers to be responsible and accountable.
Respect: We hold each other in high regard and treat each other with respect at all times. We listen, ask questions, assume the best, and support each other.
- Communication: Communication makes or breaks relationships. We devote time and effort to make communication a priority.
PERKS OF FOLLY
- Relaxed environment with a good team that enjoys what they do
- Everyone is responsible for coming up with great ideas and everyone’s input is heard
- Full benefits package
HOW TO APPLY
1–2 minute video introduction of yourself.
Resume to include past and active experience.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.