TechnologyFull TimeRemote, AB
We are a remote team (Calgary, Seattle, Kelowna, Atlanta, New York, London), and we are looking for a highly motivated, intelligent, and creative professional to join our creative team!
Folly Enterprises are the people behind Wine Folly (winefolly.com) and Global Wine Database (gwdb.io) brands. We’re focused on producing compelling user experiences and products that have a significant impact on the wine industry.
Wine Folly connects people to wine. Through online discovery, people connect with the stories and people who are making great wines. The site offers educational products, engaging content, and a web portal to a progressive, knowledge-driven wine culture.
Global Wine Database is a platform for wine data. Specifically, accurate wine information sourced directly from wine producers globally. Accurate information helps the industry at every level from farm to table.
We are looking for a skilled and passionate frontend developer to join the Folly team!
This is an intermediate role and we’re hoping to see at least a few years of real working experience. The successful applicant will be expected to work a 40-hour week (typically 9 am to 5 pm, or similar). Ideally the applicant would enjoy wine, have a desire to learn about the world of wine (consumer & business) and loves building web-based products for a variety of consumers.
- Develop features for and maintain web apps for the Folly/GWDB/Wine Folly platforms
- Think creatively with the rest of the team to solve problems and make the product better
- Adding features and enhancements, ensuring a responsive multi-platform user experience
- Utilizing TDD and automated testing to maintain software quality
- Use GitHub, Notion and Slack to document and track progress
- Fix reported bugs
- Experience building usable, performant web apps using Ruby on Rails or similar
- Exposure to TailwindCSS or other utility-first CSS frameworks
- Exposure to Heroku or other similar cloud application platforms
- Understand working against APIs (JSON::API and GraphQL)
- Strong design sensibility and UI/UX focus
- You’re active on GitHub or StackOverflow or otherwise have something out there that we can look at
- You've worked on a SaaS product with many active users who expect a high level of reliability
- You've got a passion for Wine
- Highly motivated individual and capable of working independently with strong time management and goal setting skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Able to process large volumes of information and distill them into key insights
- Want to be part of a team and help make truly great things happen.
Trust: We trust our peers to be responsible and accountable.
Respect: We hold each other in high regard and treat each other with respect at all times. We listen, ask questions, assume the best, and support each other.
- Communication: Communication makes or breaks relationships. We devote time and effort to make communication a priority.
PERKS OF FOLLY
- Relaxed environment with a good team that enjoys what they do
- Everyone is responsible for coming up with great ideas and everyone’s input is heard
- Full benefits package
HOW TO APPLY
1–2 minute video introduction of yourself.
Link(s) to your portfolio of work.
Resume to include past and active experience.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.