Wine Educator, Writer and Associate Editor
CreativeFull TimeRemote, AB
To create and improve core wine content for accuracy, readability, and flow with consideration to reader engagement. Be an amazing wine educator.
We are a remote team (Calgary, Seattle, Kelowna, Atlanta, New York, London), and we are looking for a highly motivated, intelligent, and creative professional to join our creative team!
Folly Enterprises are the people behind the Wine Folly (winefolly.com) and Global Wine Database (gwdb.io) brands. We’re focused on producing compelling user experiences and products that have a significant impact on the wine industry.
Wine Folly connects people to wine. Through online discovery, people connect with the stories and people who are making great wines. The site offers educational products, engaging content, and a web portal to a progressive, knowledge-driven wine culture.
Global Wine Database is a platform for wine data. Specifically, accurate wine information sourced directly from wine producers globally. Accurate information helps the industry at every level from farm to table.
Core responsibilities include:
- Work with the Managing Editor to systematically edit and improve existing digital content.
- Develop new wine content, articles, and copy that shares expert knowledge in a comprehensible style.
- Research and fact check wine information.
- Find and organize quality sources and contacts for wine information around the world.
- Assist the product development team in improving wine information in the database.
- Deep topic knowledge of wine either through certification such as Master of Wine, WSET Diploma, Master Sommelier, or other independent proof of working wine knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong writing, grammar, editing and analytical skills.
- Ability to synthesize wine content from multiple independently-found sources in multiple languages.
- Knowledge of web based media systems and processes
- Highly motivated individual and capable of working independently with strong time management and goal setting skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Able to process large volumes of information and distill them into key insights
- An educator at heart. Loves to teach. Loves to learn.
- Want to be part of a team and help make truly great things happen.
Folly Enterprises Values:
Trust: We trust our peers to be responsible and accountable.
Respect: We hold each other in high regard and treat each other with respect at all times. We listen, ask questions, assume the best, and support each other.
- Communication: Communication makes or breaks relationships. We devote time and effort to make communication a priority.
How to Apply:
1–2 minute video introduction of yourself.
Link(s) to your portfolio of work
Resume to include past and active design experience.