CreativeFull TimeRemote, AB
Love wine? Love visual design?
We are a remote team (Calgary, Seattle, Kelowna, Atlanta, London), and we are looking for a highly motivated, intelligent, and creative professional to join our design team!
Folly Enterprises are the people behind the Wine Folly (winefolly.com) and Global Wine Database (gwdb.io) brands. We’re focused on producing compelling user experiences and products that have a significant impact on the wine industry.
The mission of Designer is to communicate with images that words can't describe. Your job will be to produce diagrams, infographics, illustrations, or motion graphics to simplify complex topics in wine.
Growth is accomplished through contributing to our ever-expanding asset library and improving visual communication methods through iterative testing of new ideas.
The right person for this role has design in their DNA; it's easier for them to communicate with design and illustration than it is with words. It's important this individual has experience working in a production setting where asset management skills are a necessity.
Core responsibilities include:
- Work with wine experts to develop graphics for ongoing new articles on Wine Folly
- Work with our CDO to develop and execute design templates for production work
- Work with our Marketing Manager to create graphics for upcoming sales, ads, and other visual assets
- Export assets from library to formats that are optimized for specific delivery channels (print, web, social media, etc)
- Adobe Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, and InDesign
- Clear understanding of color correction / color grading
- Able to show illustrative skills and less reliance on design libraries.
- Motion Graphics experience is not required, but a major plus.
This person will show their ability to produce great visual work that communicates effectively.
Folly Enterprises Values:
Trust: We trust our peers to be responsible and accountable.
Respect: We hold each other in high regard and treat each other with respect at all times. We listen, ask questions, assume the best, and support each other.
- Communication: Communication makes or breaks relationships. We devote time and effort to make communication a priority.
How to Apply
1–2 minute video introduction of yourself.
Link(s) to your portfolio of work
Resume to include past and active design experience.