Position: Production Supervisor
Reports to: Plant Manager
Position Summary: Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Production supervisor will be responsible for processing and packing of aseptic and ESL beverage products while meeting objectives for safety, product quality, reliability, productivity and operating costs.
- Reviews production schedule and ensures that staff and equipment are setup and prepared to meet production requirements. Supervises production activities.
- Owns and executes sanitation schedule and procedures. Trains staff in sanitation safety and procedures as necessary. Supervises all sanitation activities.
- Assist Plant Manager in documenting plant performance against operating metrics, standards, and goals
- Assist in improving standards as required
- Assist Plant Manager in inventory management and tracking
- Assists Quality Assurance Manager in enforcing quality standards and initiatives
- Analyze and resolve work problems within the manufacturing plant
- Adhere to plant safety regulations and housekeeping practices, and ensure a safe operational environment
- Involved in safety audits, identification of hazards and corrections, and other preventative approaches
- Provide direction/coaching to employees
- Adhere to established GMP’s and SOPs. Assist in the creation of new policies or procedures as required
- Assist in the creation and management of SSOPs as required and merge with established Food Safety Program
- Participate as member of the Management Team
- Post secondary degree in Operations Management or related field.
- Human Resource/Leadership Training or Experience.
- Plant Sanitation or Quality Assurance training and experience.
- Three years in a plant operations leadership role within Food Manufacturing industry, including managing staff and quality or sanitation programs.
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance, good manufacturing practises within food service, and food safety regulatory requirements (HACCP).
- Demonstrated problem solving, leadership, and analytical skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet)
- Experience in a aseptic packaging and processing in a low acid, high speed environment a huge asset, Combi acceptable, Tetra preferred.
About Flow Water Inc.:
We are North America’s first social water brand, dedicated to the pursuit of positive experience and providing the highest quality water in the world, with a reduced environmental footprint.
Founded by serial entrepreneur, Nicholas Reichenbach, Flow offers consumers an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottled water with the added healthful benefits of drinking naturally alkaline spring water from a local and sustainable source.
“We imagined a bottled water brand that was naturally healthful, not filtered or altered tap water owned by a major corporation. We looked for an alternative to the plastic bottle, a package with the lowest possible carbon footprint. We stopped looking and we started creating.” - Founder & CEO, Nicholas Reichenbach