Finance Manager, Sales Operations
The Finance Manager, Sales Operations is accountable for the planning, accounting, reporting, and analysis of the US and Canadian Sales Operations, including Flow’s retail, direct, co-packing and E-commerce channels.
In addition they will support the Finance team on the production of financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and supporting the design and operations of a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported result comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position reports to the Director, Planning and Analysis.
· Working with Sales Operations team to prepare annual budget and monthly dynamic forecast updates
· Participate in the customer and channel strategy development process and ensure the commercial plan is executed in line with the strategy
· Supporting the creation, management, and regular updates to a master trade/promotional calendar which will support the monthly financial statement close process in particular, the trade spend accrual process
· Analyzing monthly sales performance by country, region, line of business, format, and SKU and working with executive management to design, implement, and monitor KPI’s
· Working with Sales Operations and marketing to manage all commercial agreements
· Monitoring with Sales Operations the sales activation process to ensure timely reconciliation of accounts and settlement of payments
· Preparation of monthly reporting on performance by distributors, brokers, and customers and assessment against contractually agreed to terms and conditions
· Maintaining up to date master distributor schedule (with support from legal) tracking contract terms, obligations, and identifying any conflicts or potential conflicts
· Working with business intelligence group to marry internal data and external data to create and prepare value add analysis that supports continuous evolution of sales strategy and tactics
· Preparation of monthly reconciliations of Salesforece to Financial Force data to support timely reporting of Net Revenue
· Working directly with Finance Operations to support ad-hoc requests from Sales Operations
· Supporting the Finance Operations teams in monthly and quarterly close process and acting as a finance team representative and point of contact for the Verona, Virginia facility
· Analyzing the financial results and preparing reports for management, the executive team and external parties as required
· Preparation and/or review of year-end and interim working papers for the year end audit
· You will also perform other duties as Flow may assign to you from time to time, as determined by Flow
· CPA designation
· 5-10 years of related experience with 2-3 years in CPG
· Strong technical background with US GAAP/IFRS experience (IFRS 15 primarily)
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Advanced computer skills – proficiency in Excel, experience with Salesforce and Financial Force is an asset
· Strong analytical skills
· Results oriented with the ability to work under tight deadlines and mange competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· A self starter who is organized and detail oriented
· Work will take place remotely with occasional non-plant related travel for meetings, to be updated with Covid-19 changes. Ability to travel to our physical plant in Verona, Virgina on a monthly basis (or more frequently if required) is a requirement.
Here at Flow, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to us to let us know how we can enhance your experience.
About Flow Beverage Corp.:
We are North America’s first social water brand, dedicated to the pursuit of positive experience and providing the highest quality water in the world, with a reduced environmental footprint.
Founded by serial entrepreneur, Nicholas Reichenbach, Flow offers consumers an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottled water with the added healthful benefits of drinking naturally alkaline spring water from a local and sustainable source.
“We imagined a bottled water brand that was naturally healthful, not filtered or altered tap water owned by a major corporation. We looked for an alternative to the plastic bottle, a package with the lowest possible carbon footprint. We stopped looking and we started creating.” - Founder, Nicholas Reichenbach