Director of Software Engineering
Information TechnologyFull TimeToronto
Job Title: Director of Software Engineering
Reports to: VP of Information Technology
Overview of Responsibilities
- Facilitate front-end development and back-end system integration needs
- Monitor reliability and performance of all related systems to suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with security, financial and government regulations
- Manage software development projects by gathering requirements and setting goals, timelines and processes
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Implement innovative technologies
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
- Configure Salesforce page layouts, approval flows, process workflows, object maintenance.
- Work with 3rd party managed Salesforce add-ons (i.e. AscentERP, FinancialForce Accounting) to improve user experience, customer experience and data value.
- Support ongoing and future integrations between Salesforce with other cloud platforms using Apex, REST API and other IPaaS integration tools (Workato, Mulesoft, Zapier, etc.)
- Manage data migrations and transforms
- Analyze requirements with Sales, Business Leaders, Product Owners, and Project Managers, and recommend possible solutions.
- Maintain systems security, including overseeing user roles, role hierarchy, sharing rules and security settings.
- Assist with technology/inventory ordering and tracking, user setup, profile and permissions maintenance and general troubleshooting of user issues.
- Provide day-to-day support and assist users with proactive best practices to enhance and increase their knowledge.
- Prepare custom Salesforce reports and dashboards to monitor all operational activities.
- Other duties as required
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Post-Secondary education in a related field
- Level 2 Salesforce Administrator (mandatory)
- Level 1 Salesforce Developer (mandatory)
- REST API coding experience (mandatory)
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Proven analytical abilities as well as diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, adapt to rapid changes in scope and agenda to meet changing business needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills; able to share changes and findings with a variety of teams
- A positive attitude and willingness for continuous learning of new technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
Here at Flow, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to us to let us know how we can enhance your experience.
About Flow Water Inc.:
We are North America’s first social water brand, dedicated to the pursuit of positive experience and providing the highest quality water in the world, with a reduced environmental footprint.
Founded by serial entrepreneur, Nicholas Reichenbach, Flow offers consumers an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottled water with the added healthful benefits of drinking naturally alkaline spring water from a local and sustainable source.
“We imagined a bottled water brand that was naturally healthful, not filtered or altered tap water owned by a major corporation. We looked for an alternative to the plastic bottle, a package with the lowest possible carbon footprint. We stopped looking and we started creating.” - Founder & CEO, Nicholas Reichenbach