Product Manager (Innovation)
ProductionFull TimeAurora, ON
This role will champion Product Innovation, Co-Packing and Project Management functions for the company and will report into VP of Co-Pack, Product Innovation.
This opportunity would be well suited for someone used to a fast and challenging pace, running with autonomy, who enjoys having a mix of hands-on tactical plus strategic leadership.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
· The position is responsible for growing profitability, productivity and efficiency through excellent execution of the organization’s goals and strategies within the Product Innovation function including Product Innovation, Regulatory, Commercialization, and overall Project Management processes
· Support maintaining departmental reports and budgets with Support from Finance
· Support Innovation team discover and integrate the latest food technologies in products for the market
· Remain abreast of new emerging market trends; provide recommendations to the business regarding these new trends; schedule and manage competitor tastings
· Lead new ingredient research and manage new/current supplier relations with the Procurement Manager
· Collaborate with other cross functional teams to achieve business goals
· Work closely with Marketing to bring in consumer insights as a way to contextualize the product development process
· Ensures operational standards for quality, cost, food safety and sustainability
· New Customers onboarding: onboard new leads for the co-packing business, ensure complete paperwork is received and updates are made timely and accurately for Flow files.
· Training: train Flow plant staff (plant managers, batchers, QA, etc.) on the specifics of new products to ensure plant trials and commercial production are well executed
· Regulatory: work with Regulatory to ensure plant certifications are obtained for new customers co-packing with Flow
· Key Accounts: support company’s tactical initiatives to drive customer loyalty and business growth out of the existent accounts
· Process Improvement: drive process improvement initiatives for the company
· Build timelines and work priorities to meet the assigned timelines and goals
· Develop, implement, and monitor effective systems and procedures to manage multiple projects in the sales and innovation pipeline
· Lead cross-functional teams in the technical aspects of product development through the investigation, planning, execution, evaluating and reporting on new product/process development improvement and troubleshooting projects.
Ideal Qualifications and Competencies:
· Proven Track Record within leading Product Development / R&D teams & processes within food manufacturing sector.
· 5 years’ experience of food science or relevant CPG industry experience.
· In depth knowledge of New Product Development project management methods.
· College/ University degree in Food Science or related fields.
· Ability and demonstrated experience to interact cross-functionally with all levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills.
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills when dealing with both internal and external customers.
Here at Flow, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to us to let us know how we can enhance your experience.
About Flow Water Inc.:
We are North America’s first social water brand, dedicated to the pursuit of positive experience and providing the highest quality water in the world, with a reduced environmental footprint.
Founded by serial entrepreneur, Nicholas Reichenbach, Flow offers consumers an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottled water with the added healthful benefits of drinking naturally alkaline spring water from a local and sustainable source.
“We imagined a bottled water brand that was naturally healthful, not filtered or altered tap water owned by a major corporation. We looked for an alternative to the plastic bottle, a package with the lowest possible carbon footprint. We stopped looking and we started creating.” - Founder, Nicholas Reichenbach