Laboratory Technician -Nights- rotating 12 hour shift 5:00 p.m.-5:30 a.m.
Quality AssuranceFull TimeVerona, VA
Flow Water is looking for Laboratory Technicians to support our growing manufacturing facility in Verona, VA
Non exempt / hourly positon
Hours/Schedule - Nights - rotating 12 hours - 5:00 p.m.-5:30 a.m.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
• Assure that the product conforms to the finished product specification. This will be accomplished by sensory evaluation, analytical testing and process plant observation.
• Provide detailed written information relating to the quality of the product and process
• Adjust batch for Mix and Blend Operator as needed to satisfy specification requirement. Approve batch before it is processed through the UHT system.
• Perform organoleptic test on both raw and finished product
• Perform micro testing, chemical and physical analysis on raw and finished product
• Maintain and organize all QA records
• Assist in set-up analytical programs for lab equipment
• Inspect transfer, mixing and processing equipment to ensure proper cleaning and quality practices
• Perform testing on incoming ingredients per the ingredient sampling program
• Participate in sensory evaluation
• Perform QA Incubation/Packaging technician tasks as needed
• Operate pH meter including calibration and maintenance
• Monitor the temperature of the incubation rooms
• Conduct finished product testing according to the requirement
• Assure that product conforms to post-process pH standards
• Responsible for creating and updating daily incubation reports and QPA database
• Maintain a clean and organized work area
• Maintain and create organized QA records from the production floor and on the computer
• Perform package integrity checks to confirm the aseptic condition of Tetra Pak containers including visual and destructive tests of the package
• Assure that the product conforms to the finished product specification
• Provide detailed oral and written information relating to the quality of the product, package and process
• Monitor package, case code, and cap placement
• Ensure that correct fiber, case code and package code are used
• Approve the case code before the production run. Make sure that cases are stacked sequentially and the case code is legible
• Inspect and validate CIP with titrations on Tetra Pak filling machines and UHT to ensure proper cleaning and quality practices
• Ensure that proper safety and quality protocols are being followed
• Ensure that any deviations in package integrity or product quality are properly placed on hold
• Collect incubation samples and place them on the appropriate shelves
• Perform pest control once a week and sanitation inspection on a monthly basis
• Other duties as assigned
• Manufacturing related experience
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of good manufacturing practices
Here at Flow, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to us to let us know how we can enhance your experience.
About Flow Alkaline Spring Water:
We are North America’s first social water brand, dedicated to the pursuit of positive experience and providing the highest quality water in the world, with a reduced environmental footprint.
Founded by serial entrepreneur, Nicholas Reichenbach, Flow offers consumers an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottled water with the added healthful benefits of drinking naturally alkaline spring water from a local and sustainable source.
“We imagined a bottled water brand that was naturally healthful, not filtered or altered tap water owned by a major corporation. We looked for an alternative to the plastic bottle, a package with the lowest possible carbon footprint. We stopped looking and we started creating.” - Founder & CEO, Nicholas Reichenbach