Business Development Representative - Long Island
SalesFull TimeNew York City, NY
Flow is recruiting a Business Development Representative to lead the distribution, trial, and awareness of Flow in the territory marketplace - Long Island area, NY. Responsible for building effective retail selling programs alongside our key distributors, brand activation both at retail and events, and responsible for delivery of business results driven by agreed upon key performance indicators.
• Manage and grow Flow’s wholesale & direct distribution channels and retail partners
• In conjunction with Sales & Marketing, responsible for developing an integrated monthly retail plan to achieve Flow in-store presence and overall distribution objectives
• Minimum 4+ days /week, visiting strategic ‘A’ and ‘B’ stores to develop store level relationships, sell Flow campaigns and ensure execution is at or above agreed upon levels
• Ensure we are properly activated in-store and represented with ideal number of placements, facings, and merchandising
• Work closely with the Field Marketing Team to coordinate all experiential events and in-store demos in respective market
• Effectively uses Salesforce.com (with appropriate training) to measure and track key performance indicators in accordance with Flow KPI’s
• Self-starter with strong ownership, able to work independently on projects
• Work evenings and weekends as required
• Solid organizational and project management skills; able to establish priorities; strong detailed execution and strong ability to multitask
• Strong negotiation skills; understand and uses informal networks to accomplish tasks
• Strong analytical skills; ability to synthesize information to develop an understanding of key insights
• Strong problem solving and business/commercial skills
• Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams and senior management
• Track and analyze sales trends relative to targets
• Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
• University Degree preferred.
• 1-2 years of CPG sales and DSD management experience, health/nutrition consumer packaged goods preferred.
• Minimum 1-2 years’ DSD Management experience required.
• Budget management experience, analytical skills, strong business judgment.
• Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent relationship building and follow-up skills.
• Effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Strong impact and influential abilities.
● Work will take place in the field as needed
● Warehouse and manufacturing site visits may be required for learning purposes
● Some travel required
Here at Flow, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to us to let us know how we can enhance your experience.
About Flow Water Inc.:
We are North America’s first social water brand, dedicated to the pursuit of positive experience and providing the highest quality water in the world, with a reduced environmental footprint.
Founded by serial entrepreneur, Nicholas Reichenbach, Flow offers consumers an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottled water with the added healthful benefits of drinking naturally alkaline spring water from a local and sustainable source.
“We imagined a bottled water brand that was naturally healthful, not filtered or altered tap water owned by a major corporation. We looked for an alternative to the plastic bottle, a package with the lowest possible carbon footprint. We stopped looking and we started creating.” - Founder, Nicholas Reichenbach