Filler Operator - Night Shift - rotating 12 hour shift 5 p.m.- 5:30 a.m.
ProductionFull TimeVerona, VA
We are looking for a Filler Operator on our Night Shift at our Verona, VA facility. The Filler Operator is responsible to ensure efficient operation of our Tetra Pak filling equipment, quality output, sanitation, and supports maintenance activities on a consistent basis in an efficient safe manner.
Non-Exempt - hourly position
Hours/Schedule: rotating 12 hour, 5:00 p.m. 5:30 a.m.
Verona, VA is in the Shenandoah Valley 20 miles south of Harrisonburg, VA.
Experience working on Tetra Pak (A/3 Flex) equipment related experience is desired.
Filler Operator Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Complies with good manufacturing practices
- Maintains accurate records
- Supports quality systems
- Maintains communication with production team members ensuring smooth shift transitions, etc.
- Supports technications in appropriate maintenance activities
- Monitors raw material supplies to ensure efficient production
- Package integrity checks
- Completes sanitation and sterilization aspects of the machine
- Assist PLE operator(s)
- Judge and prioritize downtime events
- Ensures adequate supply of packaging materials and communicate resource requirements for replenishment
- Determines acceptable quality ranges on packaging and when to shut down as required
- Coordinates communication between palletizing and DE operations
- Makes judgment calls on timing of changeovers keeping in line with production schedule
- Provides back-up to Manufacturing Lead in their absence (vacation, time off, sickness, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manufacturing related experience
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices
- Tetra Pak operational experience
Here at Flow, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to us to let us know how we can enhance your experience.
About Flow Alkaline Spring Water:
We are North America’s first social water brand, dedicated to the pursuit of positive experience and providing the highest quality water in the world, with a reduced environmental footprint.
Founded by serial entrepreneur, Nicholas Reichenbach, Flow offers consumers an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottled water with the added healthful benefits of drinking naturally alkaline spring water from a local and sustainable source.
“We imagined a bottled water brand that was naturally healthful, not filtered or altered tap water owned by a major corporation. We looked for an alternative to the plastic bottle, a package with the lowest possible carbon footprint. We stopped looking and we started creating.” - Founder & CEO, Nicholas Reichenbach