Desktop and Network Specialist
Information TechnologyFull TimeVerona, VA
Desktop and Network Specialist - located in Verona, VA
We are looking for a Desktop and Network Specialist to maintain, upgrade and manage the software, hardware and networks of our cloud-first infrastructure; with our primary systems powered by G Suite and SalesForce. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure Mac OS/Windows software and hardware
- Manage Windows servers
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security and systems availability through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. firewalls and intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Experience administering Google Workspace and SalesForce environments
- Ability to create scripts in Powershell, Bash or other language
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
Verona facility-based. Work will take place on-site in office and remotely, as needed.
Here at Flow, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to us to let us know how we can enhance your experience.
About Flow Water Inc.:
We are North America’s first social water brand, dedicated to the pursuit of positive experience and providing the highest quality water in the world, with a reduced environmental footprint.
Founded by serial entrepreneur, Nicholas Reichenbach, Flow offers consumers an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottled water with the added healthful benefits of drinking naturally alkaline spring water from a local and sustainable source.
“We imagined a bottled water brand that was naturally healthful, not filtered or altered tap water owned by a major corporation. We looked for an alternative to the plastic bottle, a package with the lowest possible carbon footprint. We stopped looking and we started creating.” - Founder, Nicholas Reichenbach