Quality Assurance Regulatory Specialist
Quality AssuranceFull TimeVirginia
Quality Assurance Regulatory Specialist
Conducting all quality-monitoring functions and ensuring Flow’s facilities are in compliance with all governing bodies, this role reports to the QA Manager.
· Understand QA Specialist tasks in order to provide training and coverage
· Approve the case code before the production run. Make sure that cases are stacked sequentially, and the case code is legible
· Inspect and validate CIP’s with titrations on Tetra Pak filling machines and UHT to ensure proper cleaning and quality practices
· Ensure that proper safety and quality protocols are being followed
· Ensure that any deviations in package integrity or product quality are properly placed on hold
· Collect incubation samples and place them on the appropriate shelves
· Perform pest control once a week and sanitation inspection on a monthly basis
· All audits
- BRC & Costco
- QAI Organic
- Gluten Free, GMO
· Additional audit research as needed
· Assist training QA on all new equipment
· End of the month Micro on products that are expired
· Monthly in-house audits
· Monthly meetings for BRC,HACCP
· Standardize SOP'S, track training
· Assist with R&D projects
· Ensure HACCP binder and all other binders are kept up to date
· If needed to help out QA if someone is away on vacation.
· Order QA supplies
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Strong technical knowledge in area of responsibility
· HACCP certification required
· FDA certification experience
· Strong computer skills, including skills in the application of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Strong math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
· Strong decision-making skills, training skills, problem analysis skills, teamwork, creativity, the need to read, write, speak and understand the English language and the need to perform advanced math (analysis, statistics, significant data or number manipulation)
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
· Continuous physical activities including continuous walking, talking, reaching, feeling, the use of repetitive motions of hands/wrists, hearing and standing, and the position requires frequent stooping, sitting, grasping and handling
· Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds frequently
The position requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent specializing in Food Science, Quality Assurance or related field. Requires one year of relevant experience, preferably in a food/beverage manufacturing setting.
QA work is performed in a lab, warehouse or production environment and involves the extensive use of office and lab equipment. The position is subject to weekend shift work, extensive close work and frequent standing. While performing the duties of the job incumbent could be working around moving mechanical parts. The position is subject to extensive close work, the use of and exposure to hazardous materials, hot pipes and constant standing. Some overtime may be required.
Here at Flow, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to us to let us know how we can enhance your experience.
About Flow Water Inc.:
We are North America’s first social water brand, dedicated to the pursuit of positive experience and providing the highest quality water in the world, with a reduced environmental footprint.
Founded by serial entrepreneur, Nicholas Reichenbach, Flow offers consumers an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottled water with the added healthful benefits of drinking naturally alkaline spring water from a local and sustainable source.
“We imagined a bottled water brand that was naturally healthful, not filtered or altered tap water owned by a major corporation. We looked for an alternative to the plastic bottle, a package with the lowest possible carbon footprint. We stopped looking and we started creating.” - Founder, Nicholas Reichenbach