Health & Safety Coordinator
Human ResourcesFull TimeVirginia
Health and Safety Coordinator
The Health & Safety Coordinator will champion safety-first culture and support all aspects of the health and safety program to ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures and legislative requirements for Canada and the US.
- Champion safety-first culture activities with the support of the Leadership team
- Assists with all aspects of the Health and Safety Program for Canada/US operations
- Identifies and implements opportunities for Health & Safety improvement
- Supports WSIB claims management and research wellness programs
- Coordinate activities of the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Report KPI and safety statistics and analyze safety trends
- Assist with action plans from the health and safety audits and safety related items on the Employee Opinion survey
- Participate in accident/incident investigation assist leadership in developing corrective actions
- Administer safety talks, participate/organize meetings safety orientations
- Maintain safety board updates throughout all facilities
- Coordinate emergency response including but not limited to evacuation procedures, training, and practice drills
- Creating and delivering safety training programs
- COVID response team activities such as training, audits, contact tracing, coordinating outside contractors on deep cleans as necessary, etc.
- On-site HR administration as needed
- Other duties as required
- Some community college or experience in health and safety coordination
- Willingness to learn and keep up to date with Virginia and Ontario health and safety legislation
- Excellent computer skills (including intermediate to advanced Excel skills)
- First Aid/CPR
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule and overtime as needed to meet the demands of the role.
Verona facility-based. Work will take place on-site in office and on production/warehouse floor, as needed.
Here at Flow, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to us to let us know how we can enhance your experience.
About Flow Water Inc.:
We are North America’s first social water brand, dedicated to the pursuit of positive experience and providing the highest quality water in the world, with a reduced environmental footprint.
Founded by serial entrepreneur, Nicholas Reichenbach, Flow offers consumers an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottled water with the added healthful benefits of drinking naturally alkaline spring water from a local and sustainable source.
“We imagined a bottled water brand that was naturally healthful, not filtered or altered tap water owned by a major corporation. We looked for an alternative to the plastic bottle, a package with the lowest possible carbon footprint. We stopped looking and we started creating.” - Founder, Nicholas Reichenbach