Payroll and Benefits Adminstrator
We are looking for a Payroll and Benefits Administrator located in Toronto.
Payroll and Benefits Administrator
The Payroll and Benefits Administrator is responsible for assisting the Finance and HR teams with running smooth payroll and benefits administration for Flow. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the incumbent will keep the business in compliance across provincial, state, and federal agencies.
- Oversee and process hourly, salary, contractor payroll for both multi-provincial/state Canadian and US employees
- Respond to questions and provide information to managers, support staff and departments on all payroll matters
- Maintain awareness of current payroll legislation and coordinates system parameter changes
- Oversee/perform manual calculations and adjustments as necessary
- Manage the year-end payroll processes
- Oversee timely completion Records of Employment and government summaries
- Ensure accurate handling of all employee deductions, including CPP, EI, federal taxes, UI, garnishments, etc.
- Ensure employee remittances are updated and reconciled to benefit provider’s portal and contributions are remitted in a timely manner
- Provide accurate government remittances for CPP, WSIB, Workers Compensation and other source deductions
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual payroll deduction and remittance reports, reconcile monthly benefits
- Ensure new employees are communicated to health insurance brokers, and deductions added to payroll
- Coordinate benefits processing with Broker, including enrollments, terminations, disability and COBRA
- Advise and inform employees of the details of the company's benefit programs
- Respond to employee queries and requests regarding benefits in a timely manner
- Collaborate with payroll and ensure that employee and employer contributions and payroll deductions are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure integrity of payroll system and manages relationship with support team
- Other duties as required
- Related post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of progressive payroll experience
- 2+ years of benefits administrative experience
- Experience with US and Canadian payroll required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office skills
Here at Flow, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to us to let us know how we can enhance your experience.
About Flow Alkaline Spring Water:
We are North America’s first social water brand, dedicated to the pursuit of positive experience and providing the highest quality water in the world, with a reduced environmental footprint.
Founded by serial entrepreneur, Nicholas Reichenbach, Flow offers consumers an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottled water with the added healthful benefits of drinking naturally alkaline spring water from a local and sustainable source.
“We imagined a bottled water brand that was naturally healthful, not filtered or altered tap water owned by a major corporation. We looked for an alternative to the plastic bottle, a package with the lowest possible carbon footprint. We stopped looking and we started creating.” - Founder & CEO, Nicholas Reichenbach