The Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, including the production of financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported result comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position reports to the CFO.
· Preparation of timely financial statements in accordance with current accounting standards on both an individual company and consolidated basis
· Performing monthly review and analysis of all general ledger accounts ensuring accurate and timely monthly close
· Analyzing the financial results and preparing reports for management, the executive team and external parties as required
· Performing all treasury and cash management functions
· Ensuring timely and accurate filing of all government documents including but not limited to HST, sales tax and corporate tax
· Establishing and ensuring compliance to all financial/accounting policies
· Overseeing the planning and execution of the physical inventory counts in both Canada and the US
· Preparation and/or review of year-end and interim working papers for the year end audit
· Designing, implementing and maintaining internal controls to ensure accuracy of the financial statements and mitigate risk
· Managing and updating insurance policies, as required
· Liaising with bank, government agencies, external auditors and other key stakeholder
· Partnering with IT in the implementation and continuous improvement of the financial systems
· Overseeing daily operations of the Finance department which includes Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll
· Supervision and mentoring of accounting & finance personnel
· You will also perform other duties as Flow may assign to you from time to time, as determined by Flow
· CPA designation
· 7-10 years of related experience with 2-3 years in a manufacturing environment
· Strong technical background with ASPE/IFRS experience
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Advanced computer skills – proficiency in Excel, experience with Salesforce is an asset
· Strong analytical skills
· Results oriented with the ability to work under tight deadlines and mange competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· A self starter who is organized and detail oriented
· Toronto-based. Work will take place remotely with occasional travel for meetings, to be updated with Covid-19 changes.
Here at Flow, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to us to let us know how we can enhance your experience.
About Flow Water Inc.:
We are North America’s first social water brand, dedicated to the pursuit of positive experience and providing the highest quality water in the world, with a reduced environmental footprint.
Founded by serial entrepreneur, Nicholas Reichenbach, Flow offers consumers an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottled water with the added healthful benefits of drinking naturally alkaline spring water from a local and sustainable source.
“We imagined a bottled water brand that was naturally healthful, not filtered or altered tap water owned by a major corporation. We looked for an alternative to the plastic bottle, a package with the lowest possible carbon footprint. We stopped looking and we started creating.” - Founder, Nicholas Reichenbach