eComm Web Engineer
CorporateFull TimeToronto, ON
eComm Web Engineer
The web engineer will be responsible for and maintaining Flow Waters eCommerce sites as a full-stage engineer and designer. Reporting to the VP of Business Intelligence, and working closely with Marketing.
- Technical leadership of the ecommerce development: full stack engineer and designer
- Lead building out scalable UX and UI architectures across e-commerce sites, and other customer- and partner-facing experiences.
- Build and maintain Shopify storefront, plugins, payment models, and other relevant Shopify Apps
- Design landing pages and manage significant A/B testing operations working with Data Scientist/Analyst
- Manage all ad tagging and conversation optimization systems working with Digital Marketing Manager
- Design and improve eCommerce marketing stack
- Assist Digital Marketing/Ecommerce teams in mapping development needs for proposed new development and maintenance projects and projects in process
- Assist Digital Marketing Team in monitoring status of projects in process and reporting status updates to business development and account staff
- Develop sites and integrations with Flow’s Content Management Systems: WordPress, Shopify, Salesforce Visualforce Pages.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing and Creative teams in identifying and building key front-end functionalities to drive best-in-class UX/UI for the website (on Shopify platform)
- Manage Shopify app universe (tools, functions, features) that supports front-end customer experience needs
- Support website updates and refreshes based on Shopify Infinite Platform (proprietary CMS built by dev agency)
- Manage project tasks, timelines, and communication, and record time daily
- Handle client website and application updates to include routine maintenance, content edits, and programming changes
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in web development – including responsive design search engine optimization, and custom applications
- Strong understanding of UI and UX, cross-browser compatibility, general web functionality and relational database standards
- Able to effectively communicate directly with peers, managers, agencies/vendors, and clients while leading development to a completed and successful solution
- Strong organizational skills, capable of managing multiple timelines and tasks efficiently, within the constraints of clients’ timelines and budgets
- Experience programming in common content management systems: WordPress, Shopify, Recharge, Cloud Elements, Klaviyo email server provider, Grow BI Dashboarding, Google Analytics, Amazon Seller Central, Salesforce Enterprise.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with solid decision-making skills
- Preference to have had experience working in e-commerce/direct-to-consumer digital businesses
- Intellectually curious and passionate about digital/ecommerce culture and technology
Here at Flow, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to us to let us know how we can enhance your experience.
About Flow Alkaline Spring Water:
We are North America’s first social water brand, dedicated to the pursuit of positive experience and providing the highest quality water in the world, with a reduced environmental footprint.
Founded by serial entrepreneur, Nicholas Reichenbach, Flow offers consumers an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottled water with the added healthful benefits of drinking naturally alkaline spring water from a local and sustainable source.
“We imagined a bottled water brand that was naturally healthful, not filtered or altered tap water owned by a major corporation. We looked for an alternative to the plastic bottle, a package with the lowest possible carbon footprint. We stopped looking and we started creating.” - Founder & CEO, Nicholas Reichenbach