CorporateFull TimeToronto, ON
Flow is recruiting a Director of Procurement to join our team. Reporting to the VP Operations, the ideal candidate will coordinate their efforts with departments across the company as well as the production team and utilize expert knowledge to establish, build and maintain a world-class procurement function. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who is aligned with our core values and excel at the following responsibilities.
- Develops, communicates and executes sourcing and procurement strategies to support corporate and operational goals via active collaboration with all departments
- Develops and manages annual procurement budgets around the procurement of services, regulated commodities, consumables and capital items
- Develops and implements corporate-wide strategies to optimize requirements determination, vendor assessment, contract development, negotiations, renewals and contract performance monitoring
- Develops negotiation strategies on complex contractual issues, and analysis of regulatory requirements and contract trends for potential impact on Flow’s objectives
- Establishes contracts and vendor management process including contract database management, category spend forecasting and ongoing vendor relationship management
- Conducts a needs assessment and potential implementation of a purchasing information system
- Provides insights based on detailed analyses of existing vendor base to assess the ability to enable competitive advantages.
- Develops an approved, cost-effective and optimized vendor base and spearheads vendor base consolidation adoption or a national procurement view
- Prepares and adjust sourcing documentation including RFP development; analyze vendor responses, and work with business leaders to evaluate proposals
- Works collaboratively with General Counsel and other internal partners to facilitate and deliver all aspects of the contract management process including contract drafting and negotiation, monitoring and completion of contract close-out, extension or renewal, as appropriate
- Actively participates in the sourcing process to ensure fair and equitable vendor selection process
- Analyzes significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements
- Mitigates vendor risk through governance & policy enforcement, monitor and assess vendor performance, resolve issues, and schedule timely governance discussions with key stakeholders
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: department leaders/partners, vendors
- Plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates the purchasing activities of Flow, including the development, implementation and review of SOPs and KPIs. Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to procurement execution
- Stays current with internal and external factors impacting procurement function
- Manages risk relating to quality, cost, delivery and supply of purchases
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
- 8-10 years progressive experience in a purchasing role. At least 3 years in a senior purchasing role, leading a purchasing team
- Professional accreditation, Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) or completion of the educational program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) is an asset
- Proven success in a supervisory or leadership role in Purchasing
- Solid experience in strategic sourcing in a CPG/regulated environment/industry
- Comprehensive experience drafting contract management and vendor agreements including the ability to strategically assess and mitigate risk with vendors and suppliers through well-structured agreements
- Exceptional change management skills to engage diverse stakeholders across the firm
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation
- Advanced analytical skills with ability do or direct trend analysis, correlations, and modeling
- Familiarity with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software and purchasing management systems
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Some travel may be required – 10-25%
- Work will take place in our Toronto office as well as our Aurora plant
- Warehouse and manufacturing site visits may be required for learning purposes
- Limited travel required
Here at Flow, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to us to let us know how we can enhance your experience.
About Flow Water Inc.:
We are North America’s first social water brand, dedicated to the pursuit of positive experience and providing the highest quality water in the world, with a reduced environmental footprint.
Founded by serial entrepreneur, Nicholas Reichenbach, Flow offers consumers an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottled water with the added healthful benefits of drinking naturally alkaline spring water from a local and sustainable source.