OriginationFull TimeToronto, ON
About FirePower Capital:
FirePower is the investment banking and private capital firm built for Canada’s entrepreneurs. Our team of 35+ deal professionals helps their mid-market businesses complete mission-critical transactions, by advising them or investing in their companies directly.
This Director/VP, Origination role is a new position, which is being carved out of the day-to-day scope of FirePower’s COO. It is an opportunity for a fast-rising deal origination / sales leader who has a track record of helping his/her team grow and close more deals, in capital markets / corporate finance / financial services environments.
The role will manage the entire Origination team (which is primarily responsible for the firm's outbound activities) and oversee all other business development efforts for all divisions of FirePower, inclusive of partnerships, alliances and other referral sources. The Director/VP, Origination will work in close collaboration with our marketing team.
The Director/VP, Origination will report to FirePower’s COO. As of May 2019, there are 6 direct reports.
· Prior experience managing, leading, growing and coaching a business development team in capital markets, corporate finance, financial services or deal-related consulting
· Demonstrated individual track record in all aspects of business development and relationship management
· Having a 5+ year track record of developing and closing advisory services mandates (e.g. M&A sell- / buy-side) and/or securing investments in private companies (e.g corporate lenders / private equity) a strong asset
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Law, Finance or equivalent, having graduated at the top of your class
· Clear desire/willingness to effectively educate members of a team
· Demonstrated capacity to think strategically and to display good judgement, to advance prospects forward
· Strong belief that thoroughly documenting origination activities sets up the execution teams for success
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, in English; French an asset.
· Passion to enable a sales team to consistently meet or exceed performance objectives
· Good analytical skills and financial acumen
· Advanced proficiency with customer relationship management (CRM) platforms, and a belief that consistent and on-going use of such platforms benefits a sales process (vs. a burden on time)
· Manage all aspects of the Origination team (coaching; performance quotas, targets & reviews; compensation plans & policies; institutional learning; hiring/firings; career development & training; budgets; forecasting; technology; etc.)
· Sign up new clients for all divisions (Investment Banking and Private Capital)
· Develop a deep understanding of prospect preferences
· Develop a deep knowledge of the workings and content of our CRM platform
· Develop and maintain relationships with prospective clients and their advisors/influencers for all divisions (Investment Banking and Private Capital)
· Build and maintain a network of referral relationships for all divisions (Investment Banking and Private Capital)
· Develop and implement a centers of influence strategy for FirePower’s executive and management teams
· Represent the firm at conferences, trade shows and other events / trips
· Present to the executive team regularly
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a current CV, along with a cover letter, through our portal on Collage.
We thank all those who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.