Analyst, Investment Banking
Investment BankingFull TimeToronto, ON
About FirePower Capital:
FirePower Capital is the investment banking and private capital firm built for Canada’s entrepreneurs. The firm helps mid-market businesses complete mission-critical transactions. www.firepowercapital.com
Rapid growth in our Investment Banking division requires the addition of an Analyst, Investment Banking to our team. This role is an opportunity for a new grad or someone with up to two years of experience, who wants to make a real impact on the most entrepreneurial segment of investment banking in Canada.
We pride ourselves in being the first name entrepreneurs think of when they ask themselves the most strategic questions they face in the most important of times.
Who we look for:
Above all, we are looking for someone who shares our values and is in it for the long haul as part of our core team.
You share our passion for challenging our clients to exceed their objectives. You act consistently, fairly, and with respect for others. You are motivated, have initiative, think creatively, and value being held accountable for both your successes and failures. You are energetic, positive, take pride in your and your team’s quality of work, and demonstrate your commitment to excellence in everything you do. You are passionate about solving chellnging, real world problems ingeniously, in a collaborative environment. You are focused on continuous improvement in your work and position within the organization; you believe that you will never stop learning, and are passionate about helping others do the same. You maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
Broadly, you will play a critical role in our mandates, from the first pitchbook prepared for new prospects all the way to a successful close. You will be helping craft the stories our deal team tells the world. Your scope is wide, demanding, but fulfilling.
What we look for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business or related field, having graduated near the top of your class.
• Some experience (e.g. internships) in investment banking, management consulting or similar transactional services.
• Outstanding ability to digest large amounts of data and build clear, concise narratives.
• Exceptional curiosity.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Outstanding analytical skills.
• Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to maintain relationships at all levels.
• High standards of professional and ethical conduct.
• Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests.
• Ability to take initiative and function independently.
Only complete applications through our website and/or recruiter will be accepted. Only candidates we wish to interview will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you!