Production Designer (with MS Office Focus)
Creative StudioFull TimeToronto, ON
Ext. Marketing Inc. works with the financial services industry on strategic, digital and communications projects. Our clients are based in Canada and the U.S. and include banks, credit unions and insurers, mutual fund companies, fintech firms, as well as hedge funds, private equity and venture capital firms.
See our capabilities deck for more details: https://issuu.com/ext.marketinginc./docs/ext_presentation?e=31712083/55161051
In this role, you will report to Ext. Marketing Inc.’s Director, Studio Production Services. You are a strong team player with a background in print and digital design on the client-side of the financial services industry. You are committed to business results, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while collaborating with internal team members and liaising with external resources. You will be responsible for representing and articulating the ‘design voice’ on projects, as well as executing and transitioning concepts from design to Office Suite.
· Provide thoughtful input and leadership on the design aspects of projects
· Execute design tasks including creative concepts, print and digital design, layout, PowerPoint and imagery selection
· Work closely with Creative and Copywriters to produce final designs.
· Manage the physical and digital design assets and file naming conventions using a logical, consistent methodology
· Develop and maintain brand/style guideline documents
· Support and follow the project management process
· Develop direction and help brief/oversee external design resources (when required)
· Participate in the creative brainstorming process
· Work closely with ext.’s team members and with clients (when required)
· Proactively seek out new approaches, ideas and methodologies for the design and creative process
Use specialized knowledge and skills to help ext. continue to grow and evolve
Skills & Experience
· Minimum 8 - 10 years of experience overall. 4 - 6 years of financial services ‘client-side’ industry work experience
· Agency experience and a solid understanding of the agency model is a “bonus”
· Knowledge, including familiarity with laying out financial documents and regulatory materials
· Strong print and digital creative and design experience
· Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite, including In Design, Illustrator and Photoshop are a must. Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is a must.
· Knowledge of HTML, PHP and WordPress is an asset
· Extremely strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Keen attention to detail
· Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
· The willingness to note relevant design trends and develop fresh ideas
· A strong focus on client service with the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and client satisfaction
· Working knowledge of French and laying out French documents is an asset
Note: This job description is non-exhaustive and may be amended from time to time by ext., with or without notice to the Employee.