Accounts & Client StrategyFull TimeToronto, ON
Ext. helps financial services firms achieve their marketing strategy, communications and regulatory objectives – on time and on budget. Our clients are based in Canada and the U.S. and include tier-one banks and insurers, mutual fund companies, credit unions, as well as hedge funds, private equity and venture capital firms. We are a full-service agency with services ranging from market commentaries, to white papers, to infographics, branding and websites.
See our capabilities deck for more details:
As the Account Manager, you know how to drive team success. You are a strong team player with experience in financial services or account management – ideally both. You have a client-first approach and are a champion of communication and connecting with others. You take ownership of a project's entire life cycle, communicating and engaging with key stakeholders to ensure that delivery is on time and executed with excellence. You understand that nothing gets done without a team of people, and you build strong relationships to drive successful outcomes. You know how to manage successful projects and win the trust of clients and prospects. You have sound decision-making skills and an ability to understand the strategy and business needs. At the same time, you are willing to roll up your sleeves to ensure that the work gets done.
- Client-Centric - Our clients are priority #1, so it is crucial that you have a client-first attitude. You are driven to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations.
- You are pro-active, solutions-oriented and innovative, bringing new ideas and processes to help our company evolve and our clients meet their goals.
- You bring a strategic, consultative mindset to working with clients. Your ability to get to the heart of clients’ needs and objectives helps drive success.
- Drives Execution - You are comfortable taking calculated risks and learning from your mistakes. You naturally build trust and are a role model for others. You are passionate about achieving and surpassing our clients’ expectations.
- Value add – More than just helping our clients execute their strategies, you bring your insights and experience to elevate their marketing efforts. Your insights make clients want to work ext. again and again.
- Consensus Building - You are effective at consensus building, always doing what is right for the business and our clients.
Teamwork & Collaboration
- You’re a strong communicator able to build consensus but also not afraid to tactfully manage conflict. You create strong, positive relationships with your colleagues and clients.
- Passion for Excellence - You always look for ways to improve effectiveness and efficiency, making recommendations to increase productivity and the quality of work. You like to develop innovative solutions and challenge the status quo. You aim to be the best and are never compromising.
- Always Learning - You are naturally curious and understand that the more knowledge and insights we bring, the better our work is. You believe in continuous improvement and regard feedback as an opportunity for both you and ext. to grow.
- Team Member Engagement - You help to support an environment where people enjoy working hard while achieving their mission.
- Empowerment - You collaborate and delegate effectively, as well as provide support and opportunities for growth through empowering others.
- Process. Process. Process. We believe in strong processes and you not only adhere to them but help to improve them. You lead by example ensuring everything from creative briefs to work back schedules and client status updates are well executed.
Skills & Experience
- 5 + years experience in financial services marketing and/or agency experience
- Strong communications and presentations skills
- Experience working with executives and building strong long-term relationships
- Action-oriented professional with an entrepreneurial, self-driven attitude, who can effectively deal with responsibilities
- Demonstrated commitment to learning - especially about the financial services industry
- A strong focus on client service with the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and client satisfaction
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING
Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some of the biggest brands out there!
- A fast-paced culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration
- A focused commitment to career development and personal success – let us help you
- Regular all staff meetings so you’re always in the know
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
We thrive on the challenge to help our clients be their best and attain their goals. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a positive impact for our clients.
- Work with a talented and collaborative team
- Opportunities to do challenging and rewarding work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities for building close relationships with clients
ext. is all about financial services marketing. Find out why.
Note: This job description is non-exhaustive and may be amended from time to time by the Company, with or without notice to the Employee.