Accounts & Client StrategyFull TimeToronto, ON
Ext. helps financial services firms achieve their marketing strategy, communications and regulatory objectives – on time and on budget. Our clients are based in Canada and the U.S. and include tier-one banks and insurers, mutual fund companies, credit unions, as well as hedge funds, private equity and venture capital firms. We are a full-service agency with services ranging from market commentaries to white papers, to infographics, branding and websites.
See our capabilities deck for more details:
As an Account Associate, you will report to the Account Director, supporting the accounts team and business development. You are a strong team player with a commitment to detail, organization and efficiency. Timelines matter to you. You have a client-first mentality and are a champion of communication and connecting with others. You aren’t afraid to ask questions and learn – or bring new ideas to the table.
- The Account Associate plays a key role in supporting the Account Team and Director in managing client projects and liaising with the studio, digital and communications teams.
- They help support Ext’s resourcing process and provide business development support including developing budgets, proposals and work back schedules. Researching and helping draft client briefs.
- The Account Associate plays an important role in helping build Ext.’s business by supporting the management of social media channels, web updates and event planning.
- Client-centric and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team player who collaborates and brings a “yes and” attitude
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and stay calm
- Good decision making (the ability to sense when something isn’t right and raise the issue)
- Action-oriented with self-driven attitude, who can effectively deal with responsibilities
- Commitment to learning – especially about the financial services industry
- Experience and/or knowledge of the financial services industry
Work Experience & Education
- Previous experience working with financial services or an agency a strong asset
- Financial industry knowledge is an asset
- University degree preferably in Marketing, Communications or Commerce
Requirements & Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and negotiation skills
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and knowledge of major social media platforms
- Enthusiasm & passion for marketing and communications, energized by the ability to learn more
- Superior presentation skills (internal and client)
- Strong client relationship development skills, demonstrated ability building client relationships
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills across multiple projects and priorities
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING
Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some of the biggest brands out there!
- A fast-paced culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration
- A focused commitment to career development and personal success – let us help you
- Regular all staff meetings so you’re always in the know
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
We thrive on the challenge to help our clients be their best and attain their goals. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a positive impact for our clients.
- Work with a talented and collaborative team
- Opportunities to do challenging and rewarding work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities for building close relationships with clients
ext. is all about financial services marketing. Find out why.
Note: This job description is non-exhaustive and may be amended from time to time by the Company, with or without notice to the Employee.