Accounts & Client StrategyFull TimeToronto, ON
Ext. helps financial services firms achieve their marketing strategy, communications and regulatory objectives – on time and on budget. Our clients are based in Canada and the U.S. and include tier-one banks and insurers, mutual fund companies, credit unions, as well as hedge funds, private equity and venture capital firms. We are a full-service agency with services ranging from market commentaries to white papers, to infographics, branding and websites.
In support of the VP, Account Strategy, the Account Director leads key account management, provides oversight and day-to-day management of the Account team. S/he will work collaboratively to elevate Ext’s offering and help to grow the business by nurturing strong relationships and identifying opportunities for further client support.
The Account Director will lead client-facing deliverables and have strong people leadership skills, excellent client relationship management experience, as well as a high level of financial acumen.
- Act as the lead contact with Ext’s key accounts, ensuring Ext. meets and exceeds our clients’ expectations and deepens the relationship between Ext. and its clients. The director will be a key leader for major milestones in account deliverables, including onboarding and briefing with key clients to ensure alignment to clients’ business objectives, requirements and measures of success.
- Act as a team leader and people manager – providing leadership, guidance and mentorship to the team that assists their personal and professional development.
- Understand and be engaged in both financial and marketing trends and share knowledge with the team.
- Escalate proactively and professionally to ensure projects are high quality and on time. S/He is able to manage difficult situations with grace. The director will balance the expectations of clients and the business requirements of the agency.
- Collaborate with all agency teams to ensure communication of significant client-side developments; look for areas for improvements, efficiencies.
- Oversee financial and revenue accountability of client projects; liaises with department leads to address significant variances; thorough understanding of budgeting and progress reports.
- Be a player/coach: able to coach and motivate a team while managing key accounts
- Lead and manage strategic planning activities associated with accounts.
- Create and develop strong relationships with senior client stakeholders, while demonstrating industry knowledge and applying it to specific business challenges.
- Be conversant in Ext’s clients’ businesses – understanding focus areas and opportunities, competitive situation and industry trends
- Deliver thorough, accurate and consistent work to clients, reflective of the agency’s quality standards
- Lead and manage business development and other opportunities
Work Experience & Education
- Previous experience working with financial services a strong asset
- Significant agency experience including client management and team leadership
- Financial industry knowledge is an asset
- University degree preferably in Marketing, Communications or Commerce
Requirements & Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb time management and negotiation skills
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and knowledge of major social media platforms
- Strong understanding of marketing and communications
- Superior presentation skills (internal and client)
- Strong client relationship development skills, demonstrated ability building client relationships
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills across multiple projects and priorities
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING
Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some of the biggest brands out there!
- A fast-paced culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration
- A focused commitment to career development and personal success – let us help you
- Regular all staff meetings so you’re always in the know
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
We thrive on the challenge to help our clients be their best and attain their goals. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a positive impact for our clients.
- Work with a talented and collaborative team
- Opportunities to do challenging and rewarding work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities for building close relationships with clients
ext. is all about financial services marketing. Find out why.
Note: This job description is non-exhaustive and may be amended from time to time by the Company, with or without notice to the Employee.