MarketingFull TimeToronto, ON
Who We are
Founded in 2014, Enthusiast Gaming is the fastest growing online community of video gaming enthusiasts. Together with its owned digital media properties and live events, it reaches over 50 million gamers monthly with unique, curated content and user-generated posts, across more than 60 websites, digital properties and social media channels worldwide. Enthusiast Gaming also owns and operates Canada’s largest gaming expo, Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo (EGLX). We are currently seeking a Content Manager to join our team. This individual will drive the content direction for our company; documenting, and promoting Enthusiast Gaming, its story and key business activities.
What You Will Do:
- Create Engaging Content. You are a creative storyteller, and equally passionate about the creative and data-driven sides of marketing, branding, and storytelling. You will be responsible for spearheading the creation of captivating content which includes emails, social posts, advertisements and a variety of marketing and brand collateral. You will be reporting to the Marketing Manager as well as supporting the rest of team at Enthusiast Gaming in a content capacity. This includes all of the marketing/sales channels including the website, blog, landing pages, case studies, email campaigns, online and social ads, conference materials, webinars, magazine / white-paper / eBooks and other digital material.
- Kick-start/oversee a new website. You’ll work in partnership with our Technology, Marketing and Graphic Design teams to assist in the creation of a new website. You’ll contribute by creating, organizing and manage content that elevates our brand and achieves business goals. You will also help in establishing the artistic vision and determining effective layout & formatting.
- Promote all things Enthusiast Gaming. It is your responsibility to represent Enthusiast Gaming in developing all of the written content for the company. You naturally think of ways to endorse the company through a variety of channels including posting on all social channels (which will include Enthusiast Gaming’s instagram). You’ll be counted upon to do interviews and Instagram live videos, so you must be confident and comfortable being in front of the camera.
- Optimize content through data analysis. You will ensure that all content is tagged properly and tracked for measurement and you will analyze the data in an effort to measure the effectiveness of the content you create. By keeping tabs on the data and analytics continuously, we expect that you’ll be able to optimize the content and drive the strongest results.
- You are comfortable with the unknown; we are well-funded and organized, but still have many characteristics of a startup. You need to be comfortable working in an environment that will continue to evolve.
- You are a person of integrity; honesty, trust and ethical decision-making are at the core of who we are. These are important to you and you model these values in your decision making and in your interactions with colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
- You have a growth mindset; you are continually honing your craft, and keeping up with the best tools for the job.
- You are a self-starter; you relish the opportunity to identify needs and take action, without being explicitly told to.
- You are a phenomenal writer; you articulate yourself well and write pieces that are engaging. You demonstrate an understanding of the special considerations necessary for writing for the Web and posting with Social Media applications.
- You are an outstanding influencer; you have an innate ability to quickly grasp new subject matter, and are highly skilled at employing tried and true promotion techniques to effectively engage a target audience.
Why Work With Us:
This is your opportunity to join our collaborative team in our newly renovated office at Yonge & Eglinton, just steps away from the Subway and surrounded by diverse restaurants, cafes, pubs, and beautiful parks. Besides a competitive salary of 45-50, and access to group health & dental benefits We anticipate continued growth over the coming years, which will provide opportunity for you to grow with us.
For more information about us, please visit www.enthusiastgaming.com.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to this posting. With your application, please include your social media handle(s) and provide us with a sample of your written work that you are particularly proud of. Enthusiast Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.