MarketingFull TimeToronto, ON
Who We Are
Founded in 2014, Enthusiast Gaming is the fastest growing online community of video gaming enthusiasts. Together with its owned digital media properties and live events, it reaches over 75 million gamers monthly with unique, curated content and user-generated posts, across more than 75 websites, digital properties and social media channels worldwide. Enthusiast Gaming also owns and operates Canada’s largest gaming expo, Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo (EGLX). Enthusiast Gaming is currently seeking a marketing manager to join the team and help Enthusiast Gaming and its family of brands find their voice.
What You Will Do:
- Formulate the Brand Strategy; You will be responsible for building the strategy for multiple brands within the Enthusiast Gaming family. There are a number of sub-brands affiliated with Enthusiast Gaming such as; Destructoid, Nintendo Enthusiast, The Escapist, Daily Esports and EGLX, each of which will need to be assessed. Capturing the priority, strategy, and finding their position within the Enthusiast Gaming family and external market is critical. You will be required to assess which of the brands need more attention and follow-through and determine and execute on a strategy that will make each of them successful.
- Develop a Marketing Plan; Creating and implementing a marketing plan that will contribute to the achievement of the company’s short- and long-term goals will be a top priority. You will need to analyze customer insights, market trends, and apply best practices in order to ensure an achievable and successful plan.
- Manage the execution; Once you have established the Brand Strategy and the Marketing Plan, you will be accountable for managing the various moving parts to turn them into a reality. You will deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution. You will lead and grow a team that will execute on the strategy you developed. You will also be accountable for preparing and managing a marketing budget, which includes planning for the allocation and investment of funds wisely. Measuring the effectiveness and continuous optimization are a top priority.
- Place Enthusiast Gaming amongst the top brands in Canada; You will work to position Enthusiast Gaming as the voice of gaming in Canada. You will be looked at to oversee one of the most engaging social accounts in the industry. You will collaborate with the various stakeholders at Enthusiast Gaming, such as the external PR firm and the Director of Content, in order to ensure Enthusiast Gaming and its sub-brands are successful. You will need to have a deep understanding of digital marketing and act as an effective brand manager in order to make all of the Enthusiast Gaming brands successful.
- You are comfortable with the unknown; we are well-funded and organized, but still have many characteristics of a startup. You need to be comfortable working in an environment that will continue to evolve.
- You are a person of integrity; honesty, trust and ethical decision-making are at the core of who we are. These are important to you and you model these values in your decision making and in your interactions with colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
- You are data-focused; you collect, analyze and leverage data with the aim of continuously improving upon business processes, increasing productivity, and ensuring the programs you are delivering on achieve maximum impact.
- You are a great communicator; you shine when you are able to pass on knowledge about your craft, and gather requirements from stakeholders. You are always able to articulate your thoughts very clearly, with various audiences including executives, direct reports, peers, and clients.
- You are a self-starter; you relish the opportunity to identify needs and take action, without being explicitly told to do so.
- Technically inclined and Social Media Savvy; you learn new software solutions quickly and always leverage technology to your advantage.
Why Work With Us:
This is your opportunity to join our collaborative team in our newly renovated office at Yonge & Eglinton, just steps away from the Subway and surrounded by diverse restaurants, cafes, pubs, and beautiful parks. Besides a competitive salary of $80-85K, we anticipate continued growth over the coming years, which will provide opportunity for you to grow with us.
For more information about us, please visit www.enthusiastgaming.com.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to this posting.
Enthusiast Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.