FinanceFull TimeToronto, ON
Who We Are
Founded in 2014, Enthusiast Gaming is a leading publicly traded global esports and gaming company. Together with its owned digital media properties and live events, it reaches over 150 million gamers monthly with unique, curated content and user-generated posts, across more than 80 websites, digital properties and social media channels worldwide. Enthusiast Gaming also owns and operates Canada’s largest gaming expo, Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo (EGLX).
We are currently seeking a Controller, reporting to the Director, Finance, to join our fast-growing team. We’re looking for someone who loves telling a story using financial information while possessing the ability to effectively communicate financial trends and results.
What You Will Do
- Accountable for planning and forecasting, process development and internal control adherence, financial reporting and analysis, and financial management.
- Analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results and financial statements.
- Take a leadership role with multiple levels of audit.
- Manage and coordinate corporate financial planning, budget and cash management functions.
- Implement changes to improve use and efficiency of finance process and procedures.
- Ensure all deliverables are met in a timely and efficient manner while monitoring annual performance and recommend action plans where necessary.
- Support strategic decisions while making operational decisions that impact financial reporting.
- Identify and resolve finance discrepancies, recommend solutions and communicate results.
- Report on routine and complex transactions, review performance results and determine business unit decisions.
- Communicate accounting principles to support finance procedures and explain financial results to management.
- Complete and resolve complex reconciliations with high transaction volume and foreign exchange.
- Identify and recommend resolutions for issues and process improvement opportunities following GAAP and IFRS.
- Provide input to process documentations and business cases, write variance explanations, summaries of findings and recommendations.
Who You Are
- You are a problem solver; you can make your way into the abyss and then find your way out again. You know how to make good decisions with limited information, and correct your course as needed.
- You are comfortable with the unknown; we are well-funded and organized, yet still have many exciting characteristics of a startup charting new paths. You need to be comfortable working in an environment that will continue to evolve.
- You are a self-starter; yourelish the opportunity to identify needs and take action, without being explicitly told to.
- You are a person of integrity; honesty, trust and ethical decision-making are at the core of who we are. These values are important to you and you model them in your decision making and in your interactions with colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
- You have a growth mindset; you are continually honing your craft, and keeping up with the best tools for the job.
- You are a great communicator; you shine when you are able to pass on knowledge and gather requirements from stakeholders. You are able to articulate your thoughts very clearly, with various audiences such as managers, peers, and clients.
If you have a curious mind, are a self-learner and the above gets you excited, the following is what we would like in an ideal candidate:
- Bachelor of Commerce or Business Administration with specialization in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, CA or related accounting/finance designation
- 3+ years post designation experience and involvement in accounting/financial reporting. Public accounting background is an asset
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS
- Understanding and experience in accounting for equity & debt financing and mergers & acquisitions within a publicly listed company
- Advanced knowledge and use of MS Excel
- Outstanding ability to communicate (i.e. tell a story using financial data) and build a relationship with stakeholders, internally and externally. Excellent presentation skills – role requires frequent presenting of findings
- Creative problem-solving capabilities with ability to drive results and provide relevant solutions to clients
- Unwavering integrity with a passion for innovation to delivering exceptional stakeholder experiences
- Ability to work independently, bring clarity to ambiguous tasks and conduct self-directed research
What We Offer
This is your opportunity to join our collaborative team in our newly renovated office at Yonge & Eglinton, just steps away from the subway and surrounded by diverse restaurants, cafes, pubs, and beautiful parks. We offer a competitive salary, access to group health & dental benefits, and a Goodlife gym membership (conveniently located next door). We anticipate rapid continued growth over the coming year, which will provide tremendous opportunity for you to grow with us. You will also get your own gaming chair!
For more information about us, please visit www.enthusiastgaming.com.
Please submit your resume to this posting.
Enthusiast Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.