Senior Full Stack Developer
TechnologyFull TimeToronto, ON
Who We are
Founded in 2014, Enthusiast Gaming is the largest publicly traded video game and esports company in North America and we are growing fast. Together with its owned digital media properties and live events, it reaches over 50 million gamers monthly with unique, curated content and user-generated posts, across more than 60 websites, digital properties and social media channels worldwide. Enthusiast Gaming also owns and operates Canada’s largest gaming expo, Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo (EGLX).
We are currently seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our fast-growing team who will be accountable for maintaining and modernizing some of the most popular video game websites in the world, enhancing our digital ad tech, and building internal web apps and tools. The code you write may be used by hundreds of thousands of people per month and will have an immediate and visible impact on our users and our business. How exciting!
What You Will Do
Modernize, build, and support web sites; You will be working collaboratively in an Agile environment, developing new features and fixing bugs for existing live web sites, and re-architecting them using modern tools and frameworks such as ReactJS, Node.JS, MongoDB and Kubernetes, all hosted in AWS.
Create custom tooling; In addition to working on web sites, you will also be building and supporting internal tools, including a homegrown CMS and video player, and a programmatic digital ad code generator. These tools are in their infancy, which will give you lots of opportunity to build components from scratch and influence the technical direction. Currently our tooling leverages Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, ReactJS, Node.JS, MongoDB, to name a few of the technologies you will get to use.
Set up modern deployment workflows; You will have the opportunity to develop deployment automation workflows for existing and new code bases, which will include setting up or migrating Git repositories into Bitbucket, and setting up CI and CD.
- Own it; You will own the code you write through each step of the process, from development all the way to production deployment. You will be working collaboratively with a team of developers, as well as the Director of Technology, Director of Monetization, and Director of Content. You will be mainly working in Jira to make it easier to prioritize bugs and fix them quickly, but sometimes you may need to just get the job done.
Who You Are
- You are a problem solver; you can make your way into the abyss and then find your way out again. You know how to make good decisions with limited information, and correct your course as needed.
- You are comfortable with the unknown; we are well-funded and organized, yet still have many exciting characteristics of a startup charting new paths. You need to be comfortable working in an environment that will continue to evolve.
- You are a self-starter; you relish the opportunity to identify needs and take action, without being explicitly told to.
- You are a person of integrity; honesty, trust and ethical decision-making are at the core of who we are. These values are important to you and you model them in your decision making and in your interactions with colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
- You have a growth mindset; you are continually honing your craft, and keeping up with the best tools for the job.
- You are a great communicator; you shine when you are able to pass on knowledge and gather requirements from stakeholders. You are able to articulate your thoughts very clearly, with various audiences such as managers, peers, and clients.
- 4+ years as a full time Software Developer
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Proficiency with MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server or another modern SQL database flavour is required
- Proficiency with MongoDB or another NoSQL database is required
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms is required
- Experience with digital ad tech (prebid.js and google ad manager) is a strong asset
- Experience with Kubernetes and the AWS suite is a strong asset
- Experience with Wordpress theme development is an asset
- Comfort working in a Linux shell environment is an asset
What We Offer
This is your opportunity to join our collaborative team in our newly renovated office at Yonge & Eglinton, just steps away from the subway and surrounded by diverse restaurants, cafes, pubs, and beautiful parks. We offer a competitive salary, access to group health & dental benefits, and a Goodlife gym membership (conveniently located next door). We anticipate rapid continued growth over the coming year, which will provide tremendous opportunity for you to grow with us. You will also get your own gaming chair!
For more information about us, please visit www.enthusiastgaming.com.
Please submit your resume to this posting.
Enthusiast Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.