TechFull TimeToronto, ON
This is a unique opportunity to come in and build something really big: the next generation of guest experience software for the short term rental industry. We are in high growth mode, so it is all about teamwork and winning together!
We are looking for an Elasticsearch developer to join our backend development team. You will have the opportunity to work on a scalable, highly resilient search infrastructure that delivers a best-in-class analytics & search for our users and for internal monitoring.
What we do
When was the last time you slept on an air mattress in an Airbnb? Never? 8 years ago?
That’s because the short term rental market is shifting towards professionalization. With rapidly rising average daily rates, guests are requiring hotel-like experiences and amenities from hosts. Hosts have no choice but to keep up.
This is extremely resource intensive, and the current solution is to combine a variety of softwares to deliver this experience.
Enso solves the fragmentation of this industry by providing a single operating system for the guest experience that leverages AI communication and smart home technologies.
We are growing fast, and we want you to be a part of that growth!
Who You Are
As our Elasticsearch developer, you possess the passion, curiosity, and motivation to design and implement solutions end-to-end. In this role, you will develop a wide variety of user-facing & internal search features, from rich-text queries to recommendations to clicklog graphs. As our Elasticsearch guru, you will be responsible for the stability & scalability of our search infrastructure in production, and you will work closely with our frontend & design team to coordinate the development of new search features. This role requires independent thinking, so you must have a proven ability to solve problems and an interest in continuous learning and digging deep into the domain when necessary.
Job functions include:
- Writing elasticsearch queries & mappings
- Maintaining our search infrastructure: reindexing scripts, tests scripts,monitoring
- Optimizing search performance & scalability (sharding & indexing ES clusters)
- Testing & deploying your own code to production using CI/CD
- Participating in design sessions and code reviews with peers to elevate the quality of engineering across the organization
- You are a self starter who thrives under minimal supervision
- 3+ Elasticsearch experience, preferably within the context of backend webapp development
- Team player who enjoys collaboration and working with others
- Experience working with CI/CD & monitoring tools
- Experience with AWS or other cloud provider
- Excellent knowledge of Python
- Data science experience
Nice To Haves
- NoSQL database experience
- Experience working at startups / Proptech
Enso Connect is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. Enso Connect does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.