Associate Director of Sponsorships
PartnershipsFull TimeToronto, ON
Job Description | Associate Director, Sponsorship
Employment Type: Full-time Job Level: Associate Director Reports to: CEO Application Deadline: October 15th, 2022
Are you passionate about supporting impactful programs and making a difference? Do you have strong sales and sponsorship skills preferably with existing relationships/contacts in the tech, digital and consumer industries?
Elevate is searching for an Associate Director of Sponsorship to seek and procure new funding opportunities across our various programs and initiatives. This full-time position will focus on developing relationships with new partners, as well as assist in managing existing relationships. The position will also be responsible for researching and evaluating suitable granting and funding opportunities, and for compiling the information needed to apply for such grants and funds. This position is part of the Partnerships department and reports to the CEO. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced startup with a talented, inclusive, and results-oriented team.
Elevate is a Canadian non-profit that builds and unites world-class innovators through entrepreneurship programs and industry-leading events at the intersection of technology, arts, and social innovation. Elevate has hosted global icons such as Michelle Obama, Venus Williams, Christopher Hadfield, Martha Stewart, Eric Schmidt, and Al Gore on the Elevate Main Stage, each of whom has inspired millions of people. Through strategic partnerships, an affiliation with the UN, and a roster of powerhouse speakers, Elevate inspires and invites its community to co-create a more equitable and sustainable future.
Who you are
You are an experienced sales professional that has relationships and working experience as a savvy sponsorship manager. With emphasis on existing relationships/contacts in the tech, digital and b2c space, you possess excellent interpersonal skills and are able to negotiate deals to ensure a strong line of funding for all organizational programs.
As a target driven individual, you have the ability to understand a customer's unique pain point and how you can develop meaningful solutions that provide value to our partners and lead to the growth and sustainability of the various programs across Elevate.
In this pivotal role, you are responsible for securing sponsorship for Elevate’s programs and services, especially Elevate’s annual festival. You are highly collaborative in the formulation of enterprise-wide sales strategies, and proactively engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with several internal departments to develop programs and initiatives that attract new sponsors
- Proactively identify, cultivate and secure sponsorships to achieve fundraising goals across multiple company initiatives
- Build your own lists of leads and search for new prospects and maintain an updated pipeline to hit quarterly and annual targets and KPIs
- Develop and build strong long-term relationships with all partners.
- Develop sponsorship packages, proposals and submissions working collaboratively with internal and external parties to ensure all benefits can be delivered
- Strengthen the overall structure for sponsorships management - including policies, procedures and database management.
- Gather feedback from participants, partners and or stakeholders or prospects and share with internal teams
- Provide accounting and the client with required invoices and paperwork
- Maintain a suitable database of all sponsorship activity such as progress timelines and contract values
- Attend meetings as required
- Perform other job-related duties and projects as required
- A University Degree in a related field or equivalent relevant job experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in business development and account management
- Proven negotiating and people skills
- Experience working with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and oral)
- The ability to work as part of a larger team
- The ability to be self motivated and meet many critical deadlines efficiently
- Previous work within a sponsorship or fundraising position with experience in the tech, digital and b2c space
- Familiarity with Google G-Suite, Asana, Slack and other useful applications is preferred
Innovation and Change: Translates strategic vision into practical and achievable plans, and is comfortable with ambiguity. Inspires others by championing changes to achieve common goals. Proactive in identifying barriers to change and seeking ways to overcome them.
Foster Communication: Effectively communicates information at all levels, ensuring inclusion of all parties. Communicates complex information to others effectively and acts as a role model in personal approach as a clear and persuasive communicator. Presents succinct, well balanced information orally and in writing, with clear outcomes. Sets up opportunities to influence others prior to decisions being made.
Equity, Diversity and Respect: Learn from different cultures, experiences and challenges to develop oneself. Ability to tackle unfamiliar or unforeseen situations creatively to achieve business goals. Adapts style easily to different audiences with a willingness to explore critical differences in perspective, while ensuring mutually beneficial results. Demonstrates integrity, fairness and consistency in decision making.
Collaborative Leadership – Leads as a peer to enable people to join together from different units to accomplish a task. Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity; fosters commitment and team spirit towards mission accomplishments; works with others to achieve goals.
Strategic Thinking - Formulates effective strategies consistent with the business initiatives and strategy; examines strategic planning with a short- and long-term perspective; determines objectives and sets priorities; anticipates potential threats or opportunities.
Consensus Building - Raises issues, seeks to understand other’s views, and then cooperatively, often through compromise, develops an agreed upon resolution.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a fast-paced Startup with a talented, result oriented and innovative team. At Elevate, we’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture, as we know that diverse teams generate better ideas and offer better solutions. We provide a safe, collaborative and inclusive space, where our teams can bring their full, authentic selves to the table and are inspired to do their best work. Join us!!