Coordinator - Speaker Experience & Operations (Live Events)
Job Title: Coordinator - Speaker Experience & Operations (Live Events)
Location: Toronto, ON
Starting Salary: 55K annually (to be prorated monthly based on contract duration)
Employment Type: Contract (June 15 - Oct 15)
Reports to: Associate Director, Programming, Elevate Festival
In partnership with the United Nations, Elevate is a purpose-driven not-for-profit whose mission is to unite innovators to solve society’s greatest challenges. Elevate is one of the largest platforms for tech and innovation in Canada. We bring together global tech leaders, policymakers, founders, investors, students, CEOs and ecosystem leaders. Elevate’s programming team is a fast-paced, team-based startup environment. We have secured global icons such as Michelle Obama, Martha Stewart, Google x-CEO Eric Schmidt & Al Gore on the Elevate Main Stage, inspiring millions. About Elevate Festival: Elevate Festival 2022 is the largest festival in Canada at the intersection of arts and tech. The reimagined festival will bring together the world’s most disruptive minds and creative thought leaders to boldly champion diversity in tech, and shine a global spotlight on the best-in-show of Canada’s innovation ecosystem.
We’re looking for: An ambitious self-starter to join our festival team as a Speaker Experience & Operations Coordinator. The Speaker Experience & Operations Coordinator is a critical role supporting the needs of the Programming team, primarily through the coordination and onboarding of world-class speakers. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial drive, is quick to respond and always ready to learn how to optimize and improve. They are a problem-solver who is able to identify gaps and find opportunities for efficiency. They are resourceful with superb written and verbal communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
● Conduct research to inform the recruiting strategy
● Maintain and keep the speaker database up-to-date
● Write, format and deploy email campaigns to potential speakers on a weekly basis
● Measure campaign results and use metrics to constantly optimize and improve campaigns
● Respond to inquiries and schedule calls with talent in a timely manner
● Assist with speaker communication and onboarding including speaker requests, contracts, schedule, ticketing, itineraries, etc.
● Update speaker assets across multiple platforms to ensure information is always accurate and up-to-date
● Maintain a high level of quality, professionalism, and integrity when communicating with talent
● Post-secondary education in a related field or 2-3 years of related experience
● Proven experience sourcing and negotiating services with high-profile stakeholders
● Exceptional project management and organizational skills
● Superior written and verbal communication skills
● Excellent organizational and time management skill
● Ability to multitask and prioritize
● Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
● Thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy juggling multiple priorities
● Ability to connect with stakeholders to establish positive relationships
● Knowledge of Google docs, presentation decks, mail merges, CRM, calendar systems
● Flexibility in scheduling and work hours; responsive to unpredictable workflow
● Ability to work at the Elevate Headquarters in downtown Toronto July-September
Core Competencies we seek across all roles:
Initiative and Innovation: Able to see the big picture, anticipate and respond to new trends and challenges using information from a variety of sources, identifying immediate action needed to address current issues, seizing the opportunity to enhance performance and advance strategic and business goals. Attending imminent issues while maintaining an awareness of emerging opportunities.
Client Focused: Actively works to ensure that the customer has a satisfying experience with a willingness to return or continue the relationship. Ensures that the customers’ needs are fulfilled and stays focused by seeing all aspects through the customers' eyes. Takes time to establish underlying needs of customers beyond those initially expressed. Organizes processes around complex and sensitive issues to meet their needs. Creates an environment where team/s are empowered to put customers first.
Cultural Awareness - Acknowledges, understands, respects and communicates respective cultures that are based upon missions, practices, people, governance, traditions, financial structure and capacity, and institutional histories. Finds ways to eliminate or minimize barriers that contribute to strengthening the mutual endeavor; values the difference and finds ways to integrate these differences into a workable operating culture for the overall partnership.
Collaborative Leadership – Leads as a peer to enable people to join together from different units to accomplish a task. Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity; fosters commitment and team spirit towards mission accomplishments; works with others to achieve goals.
Empathy, in order to improve communication, strengthen workplace relationships for staff, participants and the individuals you supervise. You should have the ability to understand the experiences, perspectives and feelings of our participants and alumni ensuring that all feel cared for and valued which means you take the time to better understand the needs of the participants, alumni and staff.
Elevate is committed to providing a flexible, accommodative and inclusive work environment where staff feels welcomed and respected.