Coordinator, Programs and Facilitation
Elevate TalentFull TimeToronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Level: Coordinator
Reports to: Manager, Program Design
Application Deadline: Aug 6th, 2021
Elevate is a purpose-driven not-for-profit committed to uniting the world’s innovators to solve society’s greatest challenges. Elevate offers year-round tech, innovation and sustainability programs via the Elevate Social Innovation Exchange.
Elevate has launched Elevate Talent working with Community Partners across the GTHA with a reskill/upskilling and job placement program for underrepresented communities. By collaborating with community, employment and industry partners, the project will match training to the more than 80,000 open jobs in the tech/innovation sector in the GTHA. In the next three years, Elevate Talent will deliver programs to over 7,000 participants with 5,300 completing and landing career pathways.
We continue to build a dynamic, creative and solutions-oriented team in the tech and innovation ecosystem to support the removal of barriers through the launch of a comprehensive training and workforce program for underrepresented communities.
Who you are
You are a self-starter who has experience in coordinating and facilitating programs with various trainers and participants from diverse backgrounds. You enjoy collaborating and interacting with different stakeholders and have a passion for supporting others in their continuous learning journey.
You possess effective communication and collaboration skills and operate as a team player. You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity, juggling multiple priorities, and taking a proactive approach to problem solving in a fast-paced environment. You are a constant learner who applies curiosity and a growth mindset in your interactions with others and your work product.
You are a champion and aligned to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). You also apply a DEI lens to your interactions and management of both internal and external stakeholder relationships.
In this role, you will:
- Report to the Director of Programs & Employment Partnerships to support the coordination and facilitation of micro-credential programs
- Support the Manager, Training Program Design in coordinating course outlines and content in collaboration with our Learning Partners as well as ensuring documentation is kept up to date and accessible by the trainers and participants
- Work with the Product team to support the administration of programming in the LMS (Learning Management System) digital environment
- Communicate with participants of programming via email, slack, Zoom and other channels to ensure they have information they need for the program
- Support the various trainers/lecturers and industry guest speakers to ensure consistency in program delivery by compiling key information for trainers and sharing access to the LMS and other systems needed to implement training, as well as scheduling of trainers to present for live programming as required
- Facilitate and host live-program sessions, supporting participants, trainers and industry guest speakers
- Work with the participants to facilitate peer-to-peer interactions, networking and team-building within the program cohorts
- Support the Metrics and Evaluation (M&E) team with the dissemination of surveys and other data collection tools through the LMS or via email, slack, etc.
- Coordinate and compile information for the Director of Programs & Employment Partnerships as well as the Manager, Training Program Design and Manager, Inclusive Design to aid in decision making on updates to the program curriculum
- Lead internal communications within the program team, including championing process improvements, taking meeting minutes, assigning and tracking action items
- Additional tasks and responsibilities of a similar nature will expand this role as we continue to grow
This is a unique opportunity to make a mission-driven impact and drive the future of education, hiring, diversity, equity and inclusion.
What you bring
- 3-5+ years experience preferably with exposure to startup and/or corporate workplaces
- Experience with coordination and administration including scheduling, document management and communications
- Experience in development and delivery of training programs preferably in a digital format
- Experience with the use of LMS (Learning Management System, preferably D2L Brightspace
- Experience with Google Workplace (G Suite), Slack, Zoom, Asana and other relevant technologies
- A post-secondary degree aligned to the job function (e.g., ) and/or relevant experience
- NOTE: This position will have flexible working hours and may require evening or weekend work
Benefits and Compensation
- Full-time position based in the GTHA (remote work options available)
- Health and dental benefits after successful completion of a 3-month probationary period
- Two weeks’ vacation with additional time off over the winter holiday
- Starting salary of $50,000 per year
Cultural Awareness - Acknowledges, understands, respects and communicates respective cultures that are based upon missions, practices, people, governance, traditions, financial structure and capacity, and institutional histories. Finds ways to eliminate or minimize barriers that contribute to strengthen the mutual endeavor; values the difference and finds ways to integrate these differences into a workable operating culture for the overall partnership.
Collaborative Leadership – Leads as a peer to enable people to merge from different departments to accomplish organizational objectives. Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity; fosters commitment and team spirit towards mission accomplishments; works with others to achieve goals.
Stakeholder and Partnership Management – Understands the importance of building and fostering relations to benefit organizational needs. Strategically leverage relations through thoughtful engagement, monitoring and improving relations by systematic analysis of needs and expectations.
Emotional Initiative – A demonstrated level of enthusiasm and dedication towards work priorities and puts forth every effort to make a difference. A connection with the organization and brand which tends to positively influence behaviors and level of productivity in work-related activities for oneself and others.
Community Engagement - Effectively manages the process of working collaboratively with and through affiliated groups to address issues affecting the well-being of those groups. Successfully brings about necessary change that will improve the community and its members. Collaboratively helps to mobilize resources and influence systems, relationships and partners to change policies, programs, and practices for the community.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a fast-paced Startup with a talented, result-oriented and innovative team. At Elevate, we’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture, as we know that diverse teams generate better ideas and offer better solutions. We provide a safe, collaborative and inclusive space, where our teams can bring their full, authentic selves to the table and are inspired to do their best work.