Business & Market Analyst
OperationsFull TimeLondon, ON
Eighty8 is a startup studio that transforms ideas and concepts into awesome products and companies. We’re venture builders, this means we build startups. We help passionate entrepreneurs launch and scale their products, and partner with established companies to become a startup again.
The Business & Market Analyst is responsible for conducting diligence on the most interesting teams, and analyzing trends in the industry. This role requires someone who can research, analyze, and engage with startups and communicate effectively with our leadership team.
- Meeting start-up founders and analysing the viability and impact of their businesses
- Communicating the benefits of our program to start-ups, as well as articulating the potential opportunity that awaits them
- Conducting due diligence on the prospective start-ups to assess their suitability for the program and relevance to our business model
- Qualifying investment opportunities, along with identifying the threats and opportunities behind proposed transactions
- Analyze and interpret both internal and external data, and make it actionable for business purposes
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience in drafting industry reports and creating pitchbooks
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Proficiency in collecting, summarising and analysing investment data
- Previous experience in consulting, startup, investment bank, or leading technology business. Candidates with experience as a founder, or in a product or engineering role, are particularly welcome
- Ability to produce well designed, professional looking Powerpoint presentations and reports
- Ability to conduct deep analysis of industry trends
- Data collection and analysis experience including interviews, surveys, market reports and analytical modelling
- An outgoing, self-starter who can shoulder responsibility in a highly demanding environment.
- An excellent communicator who is detail-oriented, and not afraid of answering (or asking) tough questions.
- Possess a strong interest in continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate ability and desire to obtain and transfer knowledge to other team members.
- Be able to rigorously analyse new business models and defend your view.
- Demonstrate an active interest in technology, start-ups, and corporate strategy and be dedicated to learning more.
- Evaluate current operational processes and recommend improvements.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to efficiently recognize and assess both problems and opportunities. Showcase initiative to strategically implement complex solutions and processes.
- Work effectively on multiple projects while maintaining an organized and detail oriented work ethic.
Eighty8 Values Diversity
Eighty8 invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants from all diverse backgrounds and identities. We encourage those who identify as persons with disabilities, persons of visible minority, and/or persons of any gender identity or gender expression to apply.