Product Designer (UI/UX)
DesignFull TimeLondon, ON
Eighty8 is a startup studio that transforms ideas and concepts into awesome products and companies. We’re venture builders, this means we build startups. We help passionate entrepreneurs launch and scale their products, and partner with established companies to become a startup again.
As a Product Designer, we are looking for someone who has an eye for creative design, identify emerging trends in start-up culture, which includes working in a fast-paced environment and finding creative solutions to what we call “organized chaos”.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Create designs mockups, user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes to communicate design ideas
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the development team
- Collaborate effectively with developers and QA to build and deliver the real product solutions
- Work closely with the product team to optimize the product solutions and iterate on them to enhance them for business and for the users
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Extensive skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.)
- Strong understanding of user flows, information architecture and wireframes. Preferably experience in using prototyping software
- Experience working closely with engineers and software cultures
- Experience working in agile approach
- The the ability to take ownership of design process and work as self-directed member of the development team
- Be flexible and willing to work in a fast-paced environment using new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate design decisions
- Have a strong passion for emerging design trends, standard, and technology
- Have the ability to deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Be a self-starter who enjoys experimenting with ideas and approaches
- Excited to continue learning about new digital trends and visual formats
We Value Diversity
Eighty8 invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants from all diverse backgrounds and identities. We encourage those who identify as persons with disabilities, persons of visible minority, and/or persons of any gender identity or gender expression to apply.