OperationsFull TimeToronto, ON
As Executive Coordinator (EC), the successful candidate will work closely with the CEO to help manage portfolio companies, assist in daily operations, and support the launch of many new ventures. The EC will be exposed to various industries including cannabis, eCommerce, healthcare, software, tech, and more.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment from building, scaling to investing in startups. This position is also ideal for an individual that has entrepreneurial aspirations, to expand their knowledge across various skills and industries, and wants to accelerate their own personal development.
What will you be doing?
- Support the CEO on daily activities to successfully manage/operate existing businesses and launch new ventures.
- Take on special projects including but not limited to market research, event planning, project management, marketing support, etc.
- Act as a liaison for information requests and follow-up actions, both for the CEO and externally - assisting on tasks when possible.
- Provide financial administration support such as bookkeeping, expense management, cash flow monitoring, etc. Document preparation and management for day-to-day operations, filings, legal documentation, and confidential materials.
- Responsible for obtaining and reviewing performance metrics of related companies and active projects. Provide high-level analysis and observations.
What do you need to succeed?
The successful candidate must be curious and eager to learn as each task or project is likely new and challenging. As a result, the candidate should be flexible, self-motivated, possess strong problem-solving skills, and exercise good judgment in decision-making. Other critical skills include being highly organized, ability to multi-task, being interpersonal, strong attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Business or marketing degree/diploma preferred but not required.
- Advanced knowledge in Google Suite including (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Powerpoint, Google Hangouts, and Calendar).
- Very comfortable with technology and enjoy experimenting with tools to improve efficiencies.
Experience in startups and/or entrepreneurship is an asset, however, not required. Candidate should be reliable, self-motivated, and most important, possess a relentless appetite to learn.