Senior Full-Stack Developer
TechnologyFull TimeCalgary, AB
Are you ready to level up? Would you like to feel like the work you’re doing has an impact and moves the needle? EasyRedir is the global leader in providing enterprise-class, dedicated URL redirection services. We have thousands of customers that include the world’s most recognizable brands, Fortune 500 companies, innovative startups, cutting-edge agencies, governments, and organizations of every shape and size. Your work at EasyRedir will touch millions of people on a daily basis, and provide you with an exciting and rewarding career.
We're looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to help us expand and improve our product.
Why consider EasyRedir?
- We are a small team of agile, creative and driven people. You’ll never just be a number here.
- Our small size enables everyone at EasyRedir to be aware of and engaged with what’s going on with most aspects of our business. Lots of opportunities to learn new skills, tools, and collaborate.
- We believe deeply that our team is the key to our success. Happy employees make happy customers.
- We are fanatical about giving our customers the best experience we can, whether it be through UX design, technology or customer support - our customers' success is also our success.
- We offer a highly flexible “mostly remote” hybrid work environment. Most team members work from home most of the time. We periodically get together in person to do strategic or creative work, or to celebrate our success.
- We employ an “async-first” communications approach whereby we try to use asynchronous communications techniques if possible (e.g. Slack, email, etc.), falling back to synchronous communications if needed (i.e. meetings).
- We are diverse and inclusive - we welcome people of all backgrounds including women, LGBTQ+, people of colour, and all open-minded people.
- We value our team members and customers and strive to demonstrate empathy, respect and patience in our dealings with each other.
Who are you?
- You love solving unique, difficult problems with a collaborative, creative team.
- You are someone who asks “why”, challenges the status quo, and makes us a better, smarter team.
- You love to learn - you seek to improve yourself both on and off the job.
- You want to see the impact of your work across the whole company.
- You like independence in your work, but also love collaborating with a team when it comes to forging new paths.
- You are results and outcomes oriented.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills with a proficiency in business-oriented English.
What will you be doing?
- Design, build and test software in all areas of our diverse, unique technology stack including our management dashboard, redirection engine and analytics pipeline.
- Build user interfaces that are highly usable and consistent with product standards.
- Participate in code reviews for code you build, and provide code reviews for other team members.
- Design and build prototypes of new ideas.
- Participate in production deployments and provide post-deployment support.
- Provide production support in collaboration with other team members.
- Author and maintain relevant documentation for team members and customers.
What are the requirements?
- At least 7 years of experience as a software developer.
- At least 5 years of experience working with Ruby on Rails.
- At least 5 year of experience writing SQL queries, including experience tuning SQL queries to increase performance.
- Experience with other programming languages such as Lua and C#.
- A solid understanding of Linux systems administration and tuning including infrastructure automation tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience with AWS including EC2, RDS, Elasticache, CloudFront, Route 53, Kinesis Firehose, Lambda, S3, VPC, IAM, KMS, Certificate Manager and Athena.
- Familiarity with system visibility and alerting tools like Datadog, Pingdom, Bugsnag, Papertrail, PagerDuty, and StatusPage.
- A basic understanding of how to use analytics tools like Google Analytics and Mixpanel.
- General familiarity with CRM tools like Intercom and HubSpot.
EasyRedir is a URL redirection service that enables businesses to easily direct web traffic to where they need it, so customers and stakeholders can access their valuable online content and services. EasyRedir has extensive experience in large enterprise systems design and development and caters to all businesses with an online presence. The EasyRedir team includes experts in cloud software architecture and development, product design, DevOps, sales, and finance. EasyRedir also has a strong customer success team and a network of specialists ready to assist you with your URL redirection needs.