Are you ready for a change? Would you like to feel like the work you’re doing has an impact and moves the needle? EasyRedir is the global leader in providing enterprise-class, dedicated URL redirection services. We have thousands of customers that include the world’s most recognizable brands, Fortune 500 companies, innovative startups, cutting-edge agencies, governments, and organizations of every shape and size. Your work at EasyRedir will touch millions of people on a daily basis, and provide you with a rewarding career that will never be boring.
We're looking for a contract Bookkeeper to help with our general accounting, AP/AR management, year-end preparation and other finance related tasks as may be required.
Who are you?
- You love solving unique, difficult problems with a collaborative, creative team
- You are someone who asks the right questions, challenges the status quo, and makes us a better, smarter team
- Learning new skills is something you love to do - you seek to improve yourself both on and off the job
- Having an end-to-end understanding of where you work helps you understand how your work is having an impact
- You like independence in your work, but also love collaborating with a team when it comes to big-picture things
- You are a conscientious person who tries their best at everything and considers the impacts of what you do on others
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills with a proficiency in business-oriented English
Who is EasyRedir?
- We are a small, agile team of creative and driven people
- We are fanatical about giving our customers the best experience we can, whether it be through UX design, technology architecture and operations, or customer support - our customers are the foundation of our business
- We extensively use technology tools to help us drive efficiencies, serve our customers and collaborate with our team
- We are diverse and inclusive - we welcome people of all backgrounds including women, LGBTQ+, people of colour, and all open-minded people
- We value our team members and customers and strive to demonstrate empathy, respect and patience in our dealings with each other
What will you be doing?
- Record day-to-day financial transactions in our corporate accounting system
- Manage our accounts receivable and payable, including regularly following up with past due invoices as necessary
- Working with our accountants, participate in the preparation and filing of our year-end financial statements and tax returns
- Working with our sales team, ensure that accurate invoices are generated as necessary
- Complete vendor setup and intake forms as may be required by our enterprise customers
- Working with our technology team, help prepare financial documents necessary to file claims in programs such as SR&ED, IRAP and others as may be required
What are the requirements?
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in accounting and bookkeeping
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Expert-level skills in QuickBooks Online, Dext (formerly Receipt Bank) and Microsoft Excel
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience working with recognized and deferred revenue
- Experience preparing cash flow forecasts
- Knowledge and experience working with government grants or alternative funding sources
- Experience using Stripe dashboard to reconcile deposits and prepare financial reports
- Experience with project management software such as Basecamp
EasyRedir is a URL redirection service that enables businesses to easily direct web traffic to where they need it, so customers and stakeholders can access their valuable online content and services. EasyRedir has extensive experience in large enterprise systems design and development and caters to all businesses with an online presence. The EasyRedir team includes experts in cloud software architecture and development, product design, DevOps, sales, and finance. EasyRedir also has a strong support team and a network of specialists ready to assist you with your URL redirection needs.