AutomationFull TimeThunder Bay, ON
Digital Engineering is an-established process management technologies firm located in beautiful Thunder Bay, Ontario. We've been in operation since 1976 and specialize in helping our customers increase efficiencies and reduce costs by developing custom hardware and software solutions that securely share information between process control and business systems. Our team includes engineers, technologists, technicians, programmers, and analysts. We proudly serve customers in the energy, grain, water/wastewater, forestry, and mining sectors throughout Ontario, Canada, and the US.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health & dental benefits, life & disability insurance and a self-directed, defined contribution pension plan. Additional incentives include funding for professional skills development, support for personal wellness, options for flexible hours/hybrid work and supplemental compensation during pregnancy and parental leaves.
Why Join Digital Engineering
- Be given opportunities to work on a broad range of projects
- Collaborate with diverse teams in a variety of industries
- Work in an exciting environment where you can develop your skills and knowledge
- Gain relevant experience and support in pursuit of professional designations
- Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from a supportive and welcoming team
We are looking for individuals driven to excel and make a real impact at Digital Engineering.
This position performs simple to complex technical and analytical work to support corporate and industrial systems and networks. The employee will support internal and external IT/OT projects with a focus on cybersecurity and industry good practices. Work requires skills specializing in troubleshooting, installing, administering, operating, and maintaining computer systems and software, enterprise software, and networks.
- Configure, install, and maintain enterprise solutions such as email, web, file, database, collaboration, computer security solutions, backup, remote access/work, etc.
- Provide support to common business applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SQL, Veeam Backup & Replication, PRTG NPM, AutoCAD, etc.
- Install, assist in configuring, and provide support assistance for common industrial applications like AVEVA System Platform, Rockwell FactoryTalk, VTScada, etc.
- Support and administer Microsoft 365 services (Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
- Provide support to proprietary, in-house developed applications
- Develop and administer Microsoft Active Directory (domains, users, MSAs/gMSAs, GPOs, etc.), DNS, DHCP, and other common domain management services
- Install, configure, and administer virtual machines using vmware ESXi/vCenter, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Stratus everRun
- Install, administer, operate, test, and maintain LANs and WANs utilizing a variety of communications media (for example copper, fibre, radio, cellular, satellite, etc.)
- Install, configure, and administer firewalls, routers, and switches with a focus on cybersecurity practices including IPS, VLANs, DMZs, NATing, etc. (WatchGuard, Check Point, Cisco, etc.)
- Plan and perform cybersecurity vulnerability scans using Tenable Nesus and Greenbone GVM
- Apply cybersecurity and industry good practices and the principle of least privilege to networks and systems
- Select, install, configure, and deploy desktop and server-grade hardware
- Contribute to development of and follow processes and procedures for network, systems, and software for change management, configuration control, and preventative maintenance
- Research varieties of products and recommend solutions for in-house and customer specific projects
Education and Experience
- University or college education in related field with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Certifications and Licenses
- Valid Ontario Driver License is required at time of appointment and at all times while employed.
- A current criminal background check (Level 1 CPIC)
- A nationally and industry recognized certification directly pertaining to the job is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Passion for delivering outstanding solutions
- Ability, experience and willingness to follow problems through from start to finish with strong desire to understand the problem and provide detailed technical explanations for resolution
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in an environment with rapidly changing technical and business requirements while maintaining enthusiasm and sound judgement
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability, experience and willingness to work without constant direct supervision
- Ability and experience to maintain a high level of integrity when dealing with customers and systems to install trust and maintain security
- Ability, experience, and willingness to stay current on all software and hardware systems to ensure ability to maintain system integrity and resolve issues
- Fluent with common business applications
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing; with the ability to present ideas in a business friendly and user friendly language
- Collaborative, team player with interpersonal and communication skills
Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys a challenge, has strong problem-solving skills, works well independently and collaboratively in a team, and is motivated to find the best customer solutions
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Work environments include indoor and outdoors and range from office to industrial environments
- May require working outside regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday), including nights, weekends and holidays
- May require on-call work (employee may be required to be on call for a period of 1 week 5-6 times a year)
- Work requires physical strength and agility to safely perform all essential job functions (applicant should be able to lift 25kgs from the floor to waist height)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to sit for prolonged periods throughout the workday