Client Service - Market ResearchFull TimeTORONTO, ON
Dig Insights is an innovative market research company with a founding belief is that a lot of quantitative market research asks obvious questions, using methodologies that fail to leverage the potential of new technology. We are focused on building a better market research agency. What does “better” mean? The most important thing to understand is that we have tools, approaches and a perspective on how research should be done, but we do not sell ‘canned’ methodologies. So if you want to manage an established process, Dig is not the place for you. People who succeed at Dig Insights either have a fantastic technical understanding of market research or are willing to build this understanding. Ideal team members are smart, creative and fun. They use quantitative research to work through complex questions and deliver clear answers. They question established research practices and are passionate about helping our clients to move their businesses forward. They are comfortable working in a fast moving, flat organization.
Research Director – About this role
Working closely with the Analysts, Managers and VP on their team, the Research Director provides essential support to their team to help execute and deliver client projects. The Research Director is responsible for delivering a final report including strategic insights/ research findings, summaries, and recommendations to the VP. The Research Director has demonstrated their research skills and knowledge and is a key contact for clients on any questions or clarifications. They can be relied on for project updates, recommendations on additional analysis required, working with other Dig team members to develop solutions to any project related problems and troubleshoot any issues that arise. The Research Director also acts as the day-to-day manager of the Analysts and Managers on the team, providing feedback, establishing goals, and helping to train the team on fundamentals, advance research techniques and report writing. In addition to growing their skill set as a researcher, the Research Directors at Dig are encouraged to take part in our company’s exciting culture and enjoy this dynamic stage in their career.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the sales process through proposal development, including methodology design, costing, scheduling and design considerations
- Overseeing project management in its entirety ensuring timely, quality deliverables according to project design
- Managing a team by guiding data analysis and results communication to ensure projects are delivered with excellence
- Analyzing results and creating a "story" that delivers insightful, strategic and actionable answers for clients
- Confidently presenting results to all levels of client organizations in a clear and compelling manner
- Providing advice, guidance and counselling to Research Analysts and Research Managers, including assessment and identification of training needs
- Developing and maintaining client relationships while identifying growth opportunities within existing accounts and consulting/participating in the selling process
Experience, Skills and Requirements:
- 7 + years of direct and relevant experience
- University Degree or Post-Graduate Program in a relevant field (Market Research, Business Insights, Marketing, Statistics, or other)
- Solid English communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Proficiency in SPSS and/or Q or other tabulations software
- Excellent skills in PowerPoint and Microsoft Office Suite are required
- Able to work within a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Our culture is built on Energy, Excellence, Evolution and Equality
- Unlimited vacation policy and a work from home policy
- Our office is located steps to public transportation in the core of Downtown Toronto
- Reimbursement for music subscription, health and wellness classes/memberships, and more
- Social Events such as virtual poker night, virtual happy hour with our pets, virtual trivia night and more!
To find out more about us visit us at www.diginsights.com
Due to COVID-19, our employees are currently working remotely. We plan to head back into our lovely office downtown Toronto once it is safe for us all to do so.
Dig Insights believes that its success is dependent on the diverse talents, skills, and ideas of its staff. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including those in the BIPOC and LGTBQ communities, and from people with disabilities.
We thank you for your interest in Dig Insights, however, only candidates who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.